demos on youtube!

Fixious

Test Lead
You will need a recording program like FRAPs or Dxtory. The recording will likely be several gigs, so you can convert it to a format to make only a few hundred MB like wmv or avi or whatever you want, then you can upload it to Youtube.

Fixious

Test Lead
Dxtory seems to be the prefered choice over FRAPs. There are other programs as well, like Bandicam and MSI Afterburner. I just started using Dxtory and it seems pretty good so far, especially in the fps department. FRAPs is okay but will split your recording into several clips, which can be annoying. Here's a video I recorded with Dxtory and converted to avi:

I was recording at 30 fps. If you have a decent gaming machine you'll be able to record at higher fps.

xlr8434

i seee thanks fixious!! see you in hotswap some time!

wait one last thing

where do you buy this program?

Fixious

Test Lead
okay well what if i have demos already how do i get those files out and upload them?
As I said in the first post, you have to record your demos with something. They aren't actual movie files you can upload, just server and player data. So, fire up the demo, start your recording software and record it. Then convert it with Format Factory or something.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
FRAPs is okay but will split your recording into several clips, which can be annoying.

Not true anymore actually, they patched it a couple of months back to record it into one huge .avi file with sound and all. Can be easier to cut an edit with the small clips though.