Customizing your character, making your own servers, map editor, new game modes,and some new classes

Wolfe5381

Heres a REALLY good idea I just thought of. We could do some brand new stuff about the characters, like we bring back the character customization from IA and also some new concepts like a some new types of skins and more heads to use. The thought of new classes is also in my mind, like a medic class, it would be useful, we could ether do that or a 100% custom class that you can make like your own custom wings, or heads, guns, etc. also using choosing custom colors for your custom class like he will be black with some green tint, or the out line of or trim parts or your armor can have gold or other colors. also the guns should be able to get custom skins as well and should get attachments. my other part of topic is servers that your can make and use and basically just like the ones u can make in IA. Games modes like "king of the hill" or "story mode" would work as well, it can give a new game experience to the players and provides a good background to the story and how they came to have power armor and why they all fight, campaign mode should also be coop so other players dont have to be alone. map editor should be a MUST in the game where players can make whatever comes to mind and how big, small, or whatever they like about it in their own mind, and should be really easy to use and not super complicated that it needs a large walk through, that reminds me, map editor mode should be a game type so everyone can make maps with their friends, in the maps there should be things like invisible walls, teleporters, text (just if someone makes a maps that has a sign, people can read it) and zero gravity zones so players and float around and they have to use their boosters to move around. we should use this and put it into the game because it would be really fun and players would play more cause of the new stuff. im glad you guys took the time to read this!!:D:D:D ill be seeing you guys in game and good luck

Royalty

The Aussie
Heres a REALLY good idea I just thought of. We could do some brand new stuff about the characters, like we bring back the character customization from IA and also some new concepts like a some new types of skins and more heads to use. The thought of new classes is also in my mind, like a medic class, it would be useful, we could ether do that or a 100% custom class that you can make like your own custom wings, or heads, guns, etc. also using choosing custom colors for your custom class like he will be black with some green tint, or the out line of or trim parts or your armor can have gold or other colors. also the guns should be able to get custom skins as well and should get attachments. my other part of topic is servers that your can make and use and basically just like the ones u can make in IA. Games modes like "king of the hill" or "story mode" would work as well, it can give a new game experience to the players and provides a good background to the story and how they came to have power armor and why they all fight, campaign mode should also be coop so other players dont have to be alone. map editor should be a MUST in the game where players can make whatever comes to mind and how big, small, or whatever they like about it in their own mind, and should be really easy to use and not super complicated that it needs a large walk through, that reminds me, map editor mode should be a game type so everyone can make maps with their friends, in the maps there should be things like invisible walls, teleporters, text (just if someone makes a maps that has a sign, people can read it) and zero gravity zones so players and float around and they have to use their boosters to move around. we should use this and put it into the game because it would be really fun and players would play more cause of the new stuff. im glad you guys took the time to read this!!:D:D:D ill be seeing you guys in game and good luck

-No seriously your on the right track, but do you have any idea how long and how hard it would be to do this???

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Block of Text

hitting the enter/return key can drastically increase readability of WoT's.

In regards to other things, you can modify the skins of the models through photoshop or a similar program. Other things are in the pipes, though I haven't the foggiest as to an actual campaign...

umbballer

Sorry, but I would have to imagine this will not happen for a long, long, long time, if at all. And about the text, not everybody speaks the same language. But you seem like you have a very creative imagination. But yeah, it's not like Legions has a thousand person team ready to code something up in a few minutes. It's about a dozen people and that's it.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Okey-dokey, then. Deep breath, here!

We could do some brand new stuff about the characters, like we bring back the character customization from IA and also some new concepts like a some new types of skins and more heads to use.

Bringing back the option to be able to pick your skin is very much on our radar, though it's been pushed back in favor of more important things. But it WILL happen!

The thought of new classes is also in my mind, like a medic class, it would be useful, we could ether do that or a 100% custom class that you can make like your own custom wings, or heads, guns, etc. also using choosing custom colors for your custom class like he will be black with some green tint, or the out line of or trim parts or your armor can have gold or other colors.

In a game where death happens a whole HELL of a lot, I can't help but wonder about the feasibility of a medic class. I'd love to see discussion on possible options, though; maybe the medic provides a roving AoE heal around him, at some cost to offensive capacity? It's worth discussing. But just saying, "Let's do a medic class!" doesn't really get us anywhere; if you have an idea, flesh it out, bud!

As far as "making your own custom wings" and such, you're already free to make your own custom skins, but if you want us to make a slew of modeled armor pieces for you to be able to switch in and out of at your leisure, that will almost definitely NEVER happen. We don't have the time or resources to work on something that is both purely aesthetic and ridiculously time-consuming. Sorry. =/

also the guns should be able to get custom skins as well and should get attachments.

You can already make custom skins for your weapons. As for "attachments," can you be a little more specific? If you're talking purely aesthetic changes, same answer as above. If you're talking functionality changes, it makes more sense for us to just build new weapons that are properly balanced, rather than build and balance a bunch of attachments to existing weapons.

my other part of topic is servers that your can make and use and basically just like the ones u can make in IA.

You can read all about the current status of private servers and follow the discussion about them here.

Games modes like "king of the hill" or "story mode" would work as well, it can give a new game experience to the players and provides a good background to the story and how they came to have power armor and why they all fight, campaign mode should also be coop so other players dont have to be alone.

New multiplayer game modes are in the works. Creating a single-player or co-op story/campaign mode would be prohibitively time-consuming for us, and isn't really the driving focus of our efforts on Legions anyways. Legions has always been, and will always be, a multiplayer competitive game; if there is ever single player, it will almost assuredly be limited to a tutorial mode.

As far as story is concerned, backstory and lore will eventually be coming, if you're into that sort of thing. =)

map editor should be a MUST in the game where players can make whatever comes to mind and how big, small, or whatever they like about it in their own mind, and should be really easy to use and not super complicated that it needs a large walk through

Even us developers can't make whatever maps we like; there are so many limitations to this engine it makes me cry every time I open up FELT. There are also a number of legal issues with our releasing the editor to the public; if there weren't, we would have done it a long time ago.

that reminds me, map editor mode should be a game type so everyone can make maps with their friends, in the maps there should be things like invisible walls, teleporters, text (just if someone makes a maps that has a sign, people can read it) and zero gravity zones so players and float around and they have to use their boosters to move around. we should use this and put it into the game because it would be really fun and players would play more cause of the new stuff.

Torque won't let us do that. Sorry, bud. It's an ANCIENT engine by modern standards.

One last thing, Wolfe: Volt was right. It's really hard to read a paragraph that's been thrown out like that. We LOVE ideas -- we NEED ideas! -- but they're only helpful if you take the time to explain those ideas. It also helps us out a whole bunch if you take the time to look around the forums and see what's already been discussed, so you don't just rehash conversation topics that have already been brought up. Just about everything you've mentioned here has already been talked about elsewhere!

That said, feedback is always welcome, and appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts!

Lcam

I just like "Customizing your character"
Map editor (Not nesesari), new game modes (In progres) ,and some new classes (Must be posted in General Discusion by SeymourGore, Dapincus ore Mabel)

Sokky

If you wanted new models for customizing, you'd have to talk to the guy who modeled everything for Legions.
He's actually got his own site and blog.
I doubt he'll come back to Legions, though.
But he recently posted some pictures of his work and mentioned Legions: Overdrive.

skypredator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Devs leaked some intel about player-customization on the blogs. You might wanna check it out. ;)