Crisis in Syria

OBLIVION

So after seeing whats happening right now what do you guys think will be the right approach for this? Should the U.S strike them or not?

As terrible and wrong as it is for Syria to do this to their own people, we need to stay the hell away from Syria.

If I was asked if I could stop the Holocaust from ever happening I would obviously say yes, but if we go into Syria, we will lose.

The US can't save everybody, and that's the cold hard truth tbh.

Reactions: Vox

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
So the main thing is, are they actually using chemical weapons? The reason the US want to launch missiles at Syria is because of a International Chemical Warfare ban which bans the use of chemical weapons. If nobody does anything to "punish" Syria for breaking the ban then the bans become redundant because nothing is holding them up.
Of course, we don't even know if they have used (or are still using) chemical weapons, so that's another risk.

The way I see it, Obama is stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, striking Syria will lead to major issues that quite frankly I don't think the U.S would be able to handle well. As shaska said, we will most likely lose since it will lead to war (WWIII?). On the other hand, doing nothing will undermine the ban on chemical weapons, which may result in the future use of them. The right approach would be the lesser of two evils, but what that may be is subjective. In this case I'd go with the less absolute option. If we strike Syria, there is absolutely no doubt war will occur. But if the ban is undermined it's only highly likely that there will be more cases of Chemical Weapons being used. The odds aren't good for either side, but overall I think it's best we stay out of this one.

Isn't Obama going to make a speech today in regards to this? Should be interesting to see how he'll try to convince the nation striking Syria is the better option.

OBLIVION

I thought the Russian president would join in with Syria and attack us but I guess he agreed to join us into stopping them with us but not by force like U.S is trying to do.