Cores

prometheus11

Volt, the blog is unclear.

For example, "allowing Warp Core equipped players to follow the warped player" and then "Any player who enters a warp scar will have their velocity...etc"

Is it any player or only Warp Core equipped players?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
When a player warps, a blue Warp Scar is created for a few seconds allowing Warp Core equipped players to follow the warped player through the blue scar

How is that unclear? When a player warps, a scar is created that allows other players with warp cores to follow the original warper through the warp scar. I don't get how it's unclear...

Explosion Core
A blast a few feet surrounding the player that acts like a bomb and explodes doing the players remaining health damage to everyone who is in radius. It instantly kills the person who uses it.
-OR-
Explosion does half the damage of the players remaining life but does not kill the person who uses it. It cost energy to use though.

Reload Core
Reloads ammo by a set amount

Explosion Core that you mentions is the same as the old mortar and as well as the new

As for reload core. Who runs out of chaingun ammo :L

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Volt, the blog is unclear.

For example, "allowing Warp Core equipped players to follow the warped player" and then "Any player who enters a warp scar will have their velocity...etc"

Is it any player or only Warp Core equipped players?

Can you overdrive if you don't have the overdrive core equipped? Same idea only with the warp core. You can't make use of it's functions unless it's equipped.

prometheus11

How is that unclear? When a player warps, a scar is created that allows other players with warp cores to follow the original warper through the warp scar. I don't get how it's unclear...

Because two sentences later the blog says *any player* can follow through a warp scar.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
To enter a warp scar, you must have a warp core. Any player that enters a warp scar will be spit out the out-scar just as the original warper was. Once again, not unclear. You must have x to get in, but all who go in do y.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
... because it says "allowing Warp Core equipped players to follow the warped player," thereby removing all other possible cores from the list of those that can interact.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Sounds to me like it would be a great clearing weapon for incoming cappers.

If Explosion Core was implemented with Wall Core, would be very OP... Cappers would not stand a chance...
Negative (-1) Rep ;)
IMACAPPAH

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I ran some basic tests with a recharge core I whipped up. For lack of a better way of explaining it, it simply wasn't fun to play as. :( I advise staying away from passive cores as they simply aren't going to give players the same kind of return as actives.

Libra

Berserk/kamikaze core functions by enveloping energy around you something like the stream of energy when you overdrive it's used to cause a considerable amount of damage to enemies and it saps hp like the od core

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Love the power core idea, Zante. If you have it activated, and you're using sniper, it could be used as an Instakill. Much like the Old Laser Rifle! totally support that :p Great ideas, man.

Thanks, like they said I dont think the power core should be that powerful, a 10% increase for like 3 secs with a 1 min cooldown should not be to overpowering.

Explosion Core that you mentions is the same as the old mortar and as well as the new

I dont think the radius should be as big as a mortar it would make it to easy, make the radius like 5-10 or something and everytime you use it you lose some damage like the warp core so its not overpowered.

Thanks, like they said I dont think the power core should be that powerful, a 10% increase for like 3 secs with a 1 min cooldown should not be to overpowering.
Yeah but to be honest, the laser rifle ain't gettin' any lovin', so maybe someone could propose a solution to having either an ability added onto the regular sniper to make it more powerful, having another laser rifle weapon that's more powerful but takes longer to charge up, and have the new laser rifle coexisting with the regular laser rifle. .making them both seem even to avoid questions like, "which laser rifle is better?" Both will have to be unique..

Anyways, back on topic! Maybe the Power Core could be used for just snipers.. going on with the idea that certain cores can only be used for certain classes/armor type :) That would make for some awesome variation.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
1 minute of CD is ridiculous and it would never get used. The reward isn't high enough.

At any rate, I'm against a flat increase to damage, even if duration based. It'll get used by snipers and mortar spammers which already have a tendency to be very annoying things to deal with.

EDIT:
Yeah but to be honest, the laser rifle ain't gettin' any lovin', so maybe someone could propose a solution to having either an ability added onto the regular sniper to make it more powerful, having another laser rifle weapon that's more powerful but takes longer to charge up, and have the new laser rifle coexisting with the regular laser rifle. .making them both seem even to avoid questions like, "which laser rifle is better?" Both will have to be unique..

Anyways, back on topic! Maybe the Power Core could be used for just snipers.. going on with the idea that certain cores can only be used for certain classes/armor type :) That would make for some awesome variation.

Good snipers can track their targets for more than just the time it takes them to shoot them, therefore, they will always use the one that is more powerful and it will be OP just like the old LR was.

Konflict

EMP Core
An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that temporarily disables other cores and reducing energy of other players depending distance. Cost: Energy and has longest cooldown.

Arch

Legions Developer
Power Core
Last for 3 seconds and increase the damage done by a bullet shot during that time.
This is the only one I have a problem with. Let's make snipers one hit Sents. That's cool.

This is how it is now , jump in the blue portals ! In this case put one in front of a capper as he comes in ( its hard to learn though ). Also jump through them to chase warp cappers.. you will exit their same velocity.

I think more than 50% of people dont realize this.. need to make it more known somehow :(
Never thought about that. I will have to try it.