ContingencyPl4ns Maps(works in progress) plus others

I

IzRaPiDz

don't like them except maybe mmh (which reminds me of feigned beliefs) and the dune map. don't get why mapping software isn't available for players, maybe someone would actually make complete maps
Yar, i'd like the mapping software too mate. It'd be great to share ideas and that

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
don't like them except maybe mmh (which reminds me of feigned beliefs) and the dune map. don't get why mapping software isn't available for players, maybe someone would actually make complete maps
what makes them bad? (and MMH is by far the worst map for anything, even rabbit)

ThermalMeerkat

I love the look of all your maps except "The Divide" and "Project 2012." I specifically like the ominous feeling that "On Throughout The Night" has and the base design and the look of "Dune." Although I can't see any side route possibilities for Dune from the screenshot alone and the upper right side of MMH looks to have too much hills and mountains which I would edit, though I suppose this is to be expected considering it's name.

Overall good job, I'm looking forward to playing these maps one day.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
what makes them bad? (and MMH is by far the worst map for anything, even rabbit)

well if you must know:

-the hills in project2012 should be flattened and more spread out to make skiing less awkward
-the divide looks like a job done in 2min
-they say looks are deceiving so i'm betting there's nothing special about on through the night other than those bright blue lights
-sandstorm looks like a squeezed version of hildebrand and the bases seem very constricting
-i wouldn't mind spiridian if it weren't for the flag stand setup (seems like a deathtrap for cappers)
-the heap is just a mediocre attempt to adapt a map to a natural obstacle

but these are subjective reasons and ones based on the screens you've provided. besides, the maps are incomplete (you said so yourself), so maybe finish them and ask for feedback afterwards

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
that version of Quarry is old. very old. definitely not the final version as that had chutes on the side, no pipes at the back of the base and more hilly areas in front of the base. it also had jump pads round the back.

these maps look good. I want them.

i also remember fixious (i think) telling me about MMH when i picked up a picture of a legions screenshot that was incredibly mountainous (even more so than it is now) and asked where it was from.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU KNOW FIXIE?!

anak

VIP
that's the final version of the terrain, but whatever. doesnt really matter, it was always a pretty lame map. very pretty, but not viable

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
well if you must know:

-the hills in project2012 should be flattened and more spread out to make skiing less awkward
-the divide looks like a job done in 2min
-they say looks are deceiving so i'm betting there's nothing special about on through the night other than those bright blue lights
-sandstorm looks like a squeezed version of hildebrand and the bases seem very constricting
-i wouldn't mind spiridian if it weren't for the flag stand setup (seems like a deathtrap for cappers)
-the heap is just a mediocre attempt to adapt a map to a natural obstacle

but these are subjective reasons and ones based on the screens you've provided. besides, the maps are incomplete (you said so yourself), so maybe finish them and ask for feedback afterwards

1- So sking on flat ground like most legions maps is fun? (this isnt lol Styg terrain, its all smoothed rolling hills, save for the two parts I touched, and need a quick buffing.)
2- 4-5 minutes ;)
3- You cant have a 'special' map without anything to spice it up, meaning no assets capture points, ect. All Legions maps are just different rehashes of varied terrain and bases.
4- Sandstorm bases are quite big, it just looks small from the angle.
5- The terrain is the main part thats done. I think Buhlitz was still working on the bases when he gave this to me
6- The Heap has horrible map design, not many hills, and the ones that do, have a LOT of straight drops. (This one requires a lot of work)

I only asked for feedback because your attitude toward what I was doing was highly negative (or thats at least as you came off to me). Although there isnt much to go on, you seem to come off as having an immediate hate toward the maps. I want to create good maps and fix anything thats wrong, So ill take any feedback, as long as its not blatant hatred, as most the time those people dont care, thus why listen? I asked so that I could get a better understanding of how you feel, and what was wrong, so that I may rectify it as soon as I could. (again, its not much to go on, and its way too early to get accurate feedback.)

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Double Post for a purpose:

I had Project2012 and OTtN tested by a few people and its as I feared. The FELTs physics are WAY different then what we have now. I wont work on anything till an offical map editor is made, then ill get back to it and complete them.

Project2012 "Scorched Earth": is way to smooth and way to hilly, routing was difficult and rabbiting was fun ( :p)
On Throught the Night: due to the random hills I put in place I can get 170+ on a map the size of Niv, plus I can over shoot hills that were a pain to get to in the editor.

I wont even try the others now, I will wait, as said, to finish them with proper movement.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
put em up for download anyways.

i want moar maps and i like the looks of some of them :D

it also gives something to compare to in the final/future versions.

Defender

put em up for download anyways.

i want moar maps and i like the looks of some of them :D

it also gives something to compare to in the final/future versions.
Come try the Total Metldown server- v42, I have 12 base maps now with random, skys, fog, snow, night, day.

Defender

Can you make maps with your modding skillz :p
Yes if I want too.
I have never made a new terrain of my own from scratch. I like to use existing terrains, maybe alter them a little, but I don't like too.
The easy way I have found is to use base map, rename it, open the editor, allter the terrain move all the bases etc if needed and spawn points.. The spawn points are tricky, they must be over the terrian but not to low, or a player will fall below the terrain when spawning there.

Defender

He is using the built in Editor, it is tricky to learn.
It basicly looks like the tribes2 editor to me. They have some sites with info on how to use it.
I would go to the GG site, for the best info..

Royalty

The Aussie
He is using the built in Editor, it is tricky to learn.
It basicly looks like the tribes2 editor to me. They have some sites with info on how to use it.
I would go to the GG site, for the best info..
Any way I can get that Editor?
Also can the editor you have be used to make maps?