Community Voice Server (sooner rather than later)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
So lately the vV vent server has been increasingly full of people waiting for Legions to come back. Personally I think it's awesome to catch up with old friends and talk about Legions while we wait, but a new problem has risen. We simply don't have room for all the Legions players coming in from across the internet. So the question has come up, why not bring out the community voice server sooner rather than waiting till around the time the stand alone is released? We've seen that there are plenty of people out there who want to catch up with old friends, play games together, and talk but don't really have a good place to do it yet.

Anyway, after talking to Seymour he said this is the first he's heard of the desire to have the community server up sooner (which isn't surprising as in the past the clan servers have had room to accommodate most of the people who still gave a crap about IA and Legions). After talking about it for a short while I was left with a promise that he would look into it, and also a suggestion to have others who may feel the same way post and let the Dev team know.

So if you think you would enjoy the community server up, even before legions is back, to talk play and get ready for the game you love post here letting them know. ;)

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Yeah, a community server would be good right about now. Don't wanna overcrowd other team's servers. And I'd love to talk to the community again and chill in ma little team channel. I'd prefer Ts3. 'Tis cheap

Apcizzle

The IA community vent was a great place just to hang out and shoot the *chocolate cookies* with people. It be fun to get everyone on a real community voice server rather than a clans vent. So i support the sooner the better.

But at the same time, i know the developers have a lot going on and to them, a voice communication server is probably not too important to them. One will be up soon, or so we keep hearing.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, Seymour will keep an eye on this thread and bug the devs with this topic. Like Apc said, there's a bunch needing to be done right now, so if it's going to take away too many resources from getting the game up and running, I'd prefer to see the game up first then the voice servers follow shortly after.

discord

Private Tester
I think this would be a good thing. Right now we are all squatting on Fujin's server. I have a buddy's TS server that can be used sometimes, but since he doesn't play legions, he probably wouldn't be too thrilled with a massive influx of people from a game he doesn't play. Ucan, Kryst, Sid, Dope, and a few others from the MW2/BOps playing crew hop on it from time to time, but its still not really a solution for situation.

I understand that Fujin is alright with everyone hanging out on the vV server for now, and that's a great thing to let people get together there, but we are basically just crapping up what he is paying for, and overloading it now. I know the thread is up currently with a voting for a preferred voip medium with Ventrilo leading the polls last I checked.

Eh, welps, I for one am for the community server coming back to take the load off of a team's server. Pretty sure we could pitch together a few bucks to get something jury-rigged for now and then have an awesomesaucewithextralulzontheside grand opening when the real thing rolling.

anak

VIP
THG vent is open for any gamers from any game. I've talked with the guy who owns the server and he'd be fine with my starting a legions section. The player cap is 40, so it wouldn't be able to handle the inevitable "day of PUGs" on legions' return, but we can hold a bunch of people that wanna chat or something.
Let me know if you want the info.

Apcizzle

THG vent is open for any gamers from any game. I've talked with the guy who owns the server and he'd be fine with my starting a legions section. The player cap is 40, so it wouldn't be able to handle the inevitable "day of PUGs" on legions' return, but we can hold a bunch of people that wanna chat or something.
Let me know if you want the info.
All depends if we have some kind of admin in there so we can keep things in order and sort teams out and whatnot.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
By the way, Ucan and I did some digging (but mostly Ucan) and to run a TS3 server for 1 month with 50 to 75 slots would be under $20. That would cover the community server till the Dev team gets around to making their own and fixes all the problems. So normally I'd say something like "We could start a pot and all pitch in" but for $20 I figure some brave soul could just grab one up himself. If you're interested shoot me a PM, find me on vent, message me in steam, etc... And we'll see what we can do.

I still want the real server up ASAP, but till then this seems to be a good way of doing things.

Prototype

A community coms server where Legions enthusiests may gather is a great idea. Sooner rather than later! It will give the devs something more to work toward seeing all the people getting hyped in my opinion. It would also give those neccisary teams to get a chance to talk things over and work on settling things in anticipation for the release. If its a matter of cost, I'm sure with the number of players in the community could pitch in some change.
Great Idea~

djfaith

I am all for a community voip. With that said I love having the people hanging out now, you guys are always welcome in vV vent!

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
No one was ever not welcome, but the server only holds 20 people. Hit that limit and it doesn't matter who you are you're not getting in.

Also I believe there's a fix for the problem already in the works.

Molten Dwarf

Like I said in the other thread, Element Town's **Five-Hundred Twelve** (512) slot TeamSpeak 3 server is free for anyone to join. You can create temporary channels if it gets too cramped, and I'd be willing to hand out channel creation admin to people if needed.

Also, we have an old server hosted by a shared TeamSpeak 3 provider with a **Fifty** (50) slot cap completely up for grabs for the legions community if they want it. **Paid In Full Until July 26th, 2012**

Get TeamSpeak 3 at http://teamspeak.com/.

512-slot main server -- Address: elementtown.com (or mdx.co); Port: 9987 (Direct link: ts3server://elementtown.com or ts3server://mdx.co)
50-slot older server -- Address: 174.37.17.111; Port 4166 (Direct link: ts3server://174.36.147.56?port=4166)

Edit: I'm not sure if the forum software on this website added in http:// in front of the direct links or not, but I'm not making this post from a computer and can't check this easily, so I don't know if they work or not.

Just ask in this thread or via private message if you would like channel editing permission in the 512-slot, or absolute (full) admin in the 50-slot.

Edit: Fixed the address of the 50-slot older server.

Status
Not open for further replies.