Command & Siege

OMGJuicebox

A new game-mode? Possibly.. I have been sitting on the idea of this game mode for quite sometime. The Command & Siege game mode was originally structured around Tribes and it's CTF gameplay. Command & Siege in a nutshell is to control Command Centers, in these command centers are where Ammo,Equipment, and Healing stations are located. Respawn Beacons will be also located in the base. Basically to "Control" the base you are required to Upload a "Virus" into the system, which would be demonstrated by just a timer that starts by a key command, if you remain alive throughout the timer duration the base is yours. Stations are powered by a Power Tower, basically a tower located at a distance of the command center that feeds power to the Command Center. taking the power tower Leaves a Command Center without power, this leaves you spawned with a basic outrider with limited ammo, ammo boxes are also powered in this scenario. Damage to these stations requires them to be repaired for usage. I toke a map such a Blade Run and gave it 4 large bases and 4 Power Towers. The objective to winning this mode is to control 3 of the 4 Command Centers, with a timer that starts after 3 of the 4 are captured this essentially leaves the other team gathered toward one of the Command Center which would be the hardest to try to take over. This Begins a Overtime Timer. If the Opposing team doesn't take another CC in OT they lose. If the opposing teams takes another Command Center this Overtime timer ends, and game continues till the set time, 30-40 min are up. 30-40min is an estimated time to play this mode.

This is just an idea, the idea was to incorporate base assets and fill the players lust for TDM.
Unfortunately there are no Pictures released because it is time consuming haha.. Sorry..
This is one Idea! I have thought about this concept in smaller proportions which also seem to work quite nicely.

LET ME HEAR YO OPINIONS! Feed me your ideas in the comments below. If yer interested in this Idea please don't be afraid to come on Teamspeak and talk to me.. poke me whenever..
If you want the Full Detailed Information, Please let me know via TS

Sorry in advance for spelling Errors, I sufk att Tyypeing..

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Thats a cool attitude.

works fine for most people.

anyways, this sounds amazing (and somewhat similar to that attack/defend gametype in TF2), and could also lead to a sort of "team king of the hill" gameplay too, which would also be great fun.

Fixious

Test Lead
Game modes in Legions are weird. The only decent amount of playtime for new modes is within the first 48-72 hours of release. Then they turn to cluser-f*cks and no one plays them anymore (Rabbit, TDM). CTF continues to be the most, and only played game mode in Legions. Introducing something like C&H may sound awesome, but I fear it'll just follow the same path as Rabbit and TDM.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Game modes in Legions are weird. The only decent amount of playtime for new modes is within the first 48-72 hours of release. Then they turn to cluser-f*cks and no one plays them anymore (Rabbit, TDM). CTF continues to be the most, and only played game mode in Legions. Introducing something like C&H may sound awesome, but I fear it'll just follow the same path as Rabbit and TDM.

Very true, I find that a TDM game can get going though even if there's only one guy in the server, and rabbit hasn't been fully released yet :(

Immanent

Very true, I find that a TDM game can get going though even if there's only one guy in the server, and rabbit hasn't been fully released yet :(

Rabbit and TDM don't get cluster fack'd here... Because people actually know how to use it sparingly and efficiently (here)

Siantlark

That's mostly due to the lack of new people actually finding and staying with Legions though.

Libra

ctf and tdm seem quite dull to me now, i would love to see the implementation of this idea sometime down the road