Clean Slate.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
DAMNIT! ur right, cant believe I forgot that.

I'll be out till january the 7th...

when is this going to happen? also, cut out elegiac and replace with core. elegiac is just blergh.
its not a tournament, its just back-to-basics competition. Like before ELL when it was just teams forming and taking each other on.
The Bots beat 57th Midnight Squadron!

Posted by Alex in Competition on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 03:09 UTC
It's been an exciting evening with a great shoutcast covering The Bots and 57th Squadron. The Bots won both maps.
Scores for the maps were 10-0 to The Bots on Frostbyte and 10-0 to The Bots on Zenith Cauldron. Although there was some good defence and a lot of effort from 57th Squadron, they had no chance against The Bots.
Great coverage from our shoutcasters Blitz and Apcizzle, with great gameplay from the two teams.

oddly enough this site is still up and running:
http://www.legionsplayers.com/
http://www.legionsplayers.com/news/category/competition/
http://www.legionsplayers.com/articles/
and a hell of a lot more, damn guys, THAT is some nostalgia!

We are going to need to spread the word that we want to do this again. What are our resources right now:

-Legions facebook, im sure theres a few that dont get on legions that much that 'liked' it in the past.
-Legions Steam group, we can use that as well.

EDIT: seeing as how we can, I can also try shoutcasting if its something we wanna do.

EDIT2: Due to the nostalgia above I was looking for a video site that dealt with fishstix and some shoutcasted pugs, and some montage videos, idk if it was twitch of something similar :(...

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Have what? For *dance* sake people, it's just us getting teams together to play. It can happen tomorrow or in a month, there is no structure save the rules. :p get some teams! Practice! Play others! Gogogogogogo!

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I'm probably down, but after Januaryish.

I'll probably go back to being useless after the sniper change :p.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
LA
DS
iN7
Spektrum
(ET)

if we can get some more teams, hell yes!

Also: Maps

Id like to start this sometime after my Project is underway, so if I could get some suggestions on what maps you guys think could be the easiest to at least TRY and salvage. ya know, get some better maps to play soon, then later. (I can also start from scratch, but I dont really have any ideas for maps at this moment.)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Forgotten, focus on that, and try not to change the outlying terrain too much as it's pretty good.

Mukhtar

Forgotten, focus on that, and try not to change the outlying terrain too much as it's pretty good.
<3 Forgotten, especially the textures.
LA
DS
iN7
Spektrum
(ET)

if we can get some more teams, hell yes!

Also: Maps

Id like to start this sometime after my Project is underway, so if I could get some suggestions on what maps you guys think could be the easiest to at least TRY and salvage. ya know, get some better maps to play soon, then later. (I can also start from scratch, but I dont really have any ideas for maps at this moment.)
Add BG, we're still trying to work out a roster.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Core needs some smoothing perhaps in the outlaying terrain and that's about it. Maybe the middle could get reworked because it's ugly and a pain to travel through. Bowls underneath flag stand could do with smoothing too so they're actually useable of beta.