Clan Tags.

A2

Was talking about this in another thread earlier.
Integrated clan-tags could make few things a bit easier. For those who don't understand, it's just like in BFBC2, where you can add a clan-tag as a prefix to your name.

Why I think it will be an advantage:
It'll be easier if there is a clan-tag change within a particular clan, it'll be easier to just change the tag, rather than having the trouble to make a new account.
Similarly, change in clan or something like that will make it a whole lot easier to just change/remove it.
Earlier in legions, lots of member had trouble making new accounts just for changing a clan tag.

Maybe if considered, it could be included in one of the patches which are later to come after the game is out.

Uncannyguy

This is a great idea. Worked really well in the battlefield games and I can imagine the headaches it would save people, especially if stats tracking is going to happen.

Whether they decide on a Full-Blown clan system like the one in the other thread, or an informal clan tag box like the battlefield games where you just put the tag on and it sticks it in front of your name (but is editable),I'll be happy.
Provided they do Something, of course.
Even the old Tag-line, from IA worked fairly well.

A2

Whether they decide on a Full-Blown clan system like the one in the other thread, or an informal clan tag box like the battlefield games where you just put the tag on and it sticks it in front of your name (but is editable),I'll be happy.
Provided they do Something, of course.
Even the old Tag-line, from IA worked fairly well.
I think we might have the tagline thing. Maybe. But if not, :( .
Gotta wait and watch if it is possible.

anak

VIP
Or you could just use your plain name and state your clan in your sig, and save everyone the trouble?

A2

You know, some clans tend to have the clan tag in their name. So in that case, this would be useful.

Jazcash

I think a proper clan system would be better with founders, invitations, rosters, hierarchies and perhaps auto-prefixed names or something.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Putting the clan tag in the sig is fine for the lobby, but when people are in-game, its better to have a clan tag in your name. For all the people with 57th in their name, a clan tag may not be such an issue, but having a clan tag would certainly make it easier for people to join clans without thinking that they have to get a new account for their clan. I, for one would be happy to see a clan tag in one of the earlier releases.

Royalty

The Aussie
Was talking about this in another thread earlier.
Integrated clan-tags could make few things a bit easier. For those who don't understand, it's just like in BFBC2, where you can add a clan-tag as a prefix to your name.

Why I think it will be an advantage:
It'll be easier if there is a clan-tag change within a particular clan, it'll be easier to just change the tag, rather than having the trouble to make a new account.
Similarly, change in clan or something like that will make it a whole lot easier to just change/remove it.
Earlier in legions, lots of member had trouble making new accounts just for changing a clan tag.

Maybe if considered, it could be included in one of the patches which are later to come after the game is out.

Great idea A2, I remember when I had trouble with making to account due to clan circumstances. Awesome!

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
If clan tags were implemented, I'd also like to see the option to disable them, because some clans (namely 57th and Omni) use the clan title as part of their name.

Another question: Would you guys want the clan tags visible all the time (ie: ingame, lobby, ingame chat) or only during specific screens (lobby, ingame chat)? Or even customizable, ie: you set where you see the tags. I have a feeling this last option would be the most popular.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
If possible, absolute customizability is always the way to go. The best way to satisfy everyone (or at least almost everyone ;)), though usually more work.

A2

If clan tags were implemented, I'd also like to see the option to disable them, because some clans (namely 57th and Omni) use the clan title as part of their name.
We can always adopt to clan tags. I really don't think that will be a problem. About disabling them - if that particular member doesn't want any clan tag, he simple doesn't need to type it in. That's what I have in mind.

If possible, absolute customizability is always the way to go. The best way to satisfy everyone (or at least almost everyone ;)), though usually more work.
Yup, if it's completely customizable, it'll be perfect.

Strife

Yeah, it would be really nice to see an integrated clan tag system, probably something like an editable field that puts the tag before your name, like what was mentioned before.

/signed