Chaingun Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

simple solution. remove the overheat bar. it removes the thought of your chaingun overheating

Redvan

Private Tester
The trick is taking damage on your terms, not your opponent's.

Any damage is done on my terms :D

I've watched sents kill themselves from 3/4 health just from OD'ing. All I did was play keep away. Didn't have to fire a bullet. It's like playing with a cat!

Lin

Am I the only one having trouble using the chain as a weapon in and of itself? I've only started trying a day or two ago, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to use chain to bring somebody down, 100% to 0. Is it just me (not too good with the chain:rolleyes:) or is it just not meant to be used that way?

Synista

Am I the only one having trouble using the chain as a weapon in and of itself? I've only started trying a day or two ago, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to use chain to bring somebody down, 100% to 0. Is it just me (not too good with the chain:rolleyes:) or is it just not meant to be used that way?
If they fly predictably, it's easy. If they move around in the air a lot, it's hard.

MightyDeath

You can easily chain a player from 100% to 0% if he's flying towards you. That's the mistake most of the people do.

Immanent

Well the reason is because you are not used to attacking people in mid-air and adjust many times with the chaingun (seeing as you haven't used it for long) and it might be your ping. If you have lower than 70 ping it should be easy to do, but anything really over 100 just gets inefficient.

Abandoned

You have to fly around to get the best line of shots that will hit.

Immanent

Boy, I only got good at it after L:OD came back. Actually, come to think of it now, I DID play FE:L on a macbook with 20fps so...
But yeah, if you are absolutely clueless, you should watch some vids.
A lot of the time, it is rare to see somebody chain 100%-0 in a duel or when they are capping. Why? Because nobody can land all their chaingun bullets perfectly 100% of the time (except ti.Aimbot of course, damn he's a beast) due to overheat or jets running out. But there are occasions when that does happen.

U8er

Boy, I only got good at it after L:OD came back. Actually, come to think of it now, I DID play FE:L on a macbook with 20fps so...
But yeah, if you are absolutely clueless, you should watch some vids.
A lot of the time, it is rare to see somebody chain 100%-0 in a duel or when they are capping. Why? Because nobody can land all their chaingun bullets perfectly 100% of the time (except ti.Aimbot of course, damn he's a beast) due to overheat or jets running out. But there are occasions when that does happen

Once you get the hang of it you'll find yourself dialing in the cg pretty easily. My apologies if my "wink" confused you, I poorly tried to imply that it happens on more than just some occasions, in fact... probably 85% of the time when you're decent with it. It's possible, and quite common when you're comfortable with it, to take down a raider without bursts or overheating.

3lionz

Legions Developer
*3lionz SENT COMBO GRENADE SNIPER MORTAR CLUSTER CHAIN PLASMA OVERPOWERED NOOB RAGE
*uses chain*
Wow. Chain is good.
2 days later:
*3lionz rage OVERHEAT SENT COMBO

Status
Not open for further replies.