Caps for weapon types

phanakapan

Private Tester
I think this is just a symptom of the OP not understanding how to be tricky and strafe or randomize the way they downjet and hide behind terrain, AND, more importantly, a result of the broken IFFs that allow snipers to see exactly where all the incoming offense is coming from anywhere on the map. When the IFF issue is fixed so they only show within a set range of the base/flag or when an enemy on the team actually looks at you, sneaky routes and speed will balance out the issues with the snipers.

Aki

I think this is just a symptom of the OP not understanding how to be tricky and strafe or randomize the way they downjet and hide behind terrain, AND, more importantly, a result of the broken IFFs that allow snipers to see exactly where all the incoming offense is coming from anywhere on the map. When the IFF issue is fixed so they only show within a set range of the base/flag or when an enemy on the team actually looks at you, sneaky routes and speed will balance out the issues with the snipers.

Before knocking my maneuverability, you should try juking 4 skilled snipers. It's not as easy as a well timed strafe or dj unless they all fire at the same spot at the same time. Which they don't. As I've said, one sniper can be fun as I need to be tricky at high speed. Even two can be interesting cause you really have to be on top of your timing to survive.

I did try playing sniper hunter, but killing one before the other three got me was just beyond my skill. Eventually I gave up and just played d XP .

Aki

I know the idea wasnt popular, but I thought I'd share with you all that since I posted this thread the frequency of this sniper stacking has INCREASED. All three of my last logins saw at least one round where this was a problem.

Am I really the only person who recognizes how *danced* up this is???

There needs to be some kind of limit. How many snipers to a team, how long one can hold the LR, or even a nerf of some kind--I dont much care which. I only care that sniper stacking completely ruins the game for me. I play because I enjoy this game greatly; it leaves me feeling energized and like I'm improving, which keeps me coming back. Every time I get sniped, I feel like I've been stabbed in the back, so you can imagine how frustrating it can be when the team is stacked with snipers. At the end of such a game, I feel useless and pissed and dont even want to play again.

If I really am the only one, I may as well quit playing. The way it looks, this is just going to become more common, and I am not going to waste my energy.

inb4 "Get better"
If I had the time in the day to devote to that, I would. Unfortunately, school is my life--not Legions. Dancing around 4 snipers is a skill that'll just have to wait until Summer break.

Shade

Private Tester
Before knocking my maneuverability, you should try juking 4 skilled snipers. It's not as easy as a well timed strafe or dj unless they all fire at the same spot at the same time. Which they don't. As I've said, one sniper can be fun as I need to be tricky at high speed. Even two can be interesting cause you really have to be on top of your timing to survive.

I did try playing sniper hunter, but killing one before the other three got me was just beyond my skill. Eventually I gave up and just played d XP .
From what I remember, there was only one or two of you on offense with zero team work. Don't you think 4 skilled players doing anything would beat you? Maybe it takes a good, coordinated offense to beat a good defense.