Cap Routes

Frost

Half question, half suggestion meaning if the answer is yes then I'd like to see this implemented.

With the addition of duel servers in permanent practice mode, would it be possible to have a server for capture practice? That wasn't the main question

To make it so the flag was always there, would it be possible for each person to be able to grab/cap a ghost flag with the real one staying at the enemy base? Main question

Also since some of the people in this community like to cause trouble/be annoying, I guess some change to rockets/grenades would be needed to prevent people from sitting and blocking people who are actually trying to practice.

I kind of feel like a) cappers would improve, and b) it would give a chance for people to learn from other cappers as well as practice capping in an environment where mistakes don't matter (even in PUBS, every mistake counts)

Respond/discuss etc, no need to rage or whatever it's just a random idea of mine

-Frost

Also since some of the people in this community like to cause trouble/be annoying, I guess some change to rockets/grenades would be needed to prevent people from sitting and blocking people who are actually trying to practice.
I think that's a bad idea, if you want to get better you need some one to prevent you from capping

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Exhibit A:

This server should double up as a cap route practice server. Get it cycling big maps like the core or blade run which rarely come up in public games (Screw you nivosus and moonshine) so people can practice them here without taking up in a player slot in public games just to practice caps like I sometimes do in publics because I never play the maps.

Currently impossible. Feel free to do it on FrostByte as long as you don't annoy other players.

Frost

Thanks fireblasto, and Disaster getting the basics down, or practicing OD turns where you have to be able to make accurate slight hand movements 100% of the time has to be done in a non hostile environment

Think of basketball, when they teach you layups do they stick a defender in right away? No. You learn the skill and run the drill a few times then they introduce defenders, then passing, then passing and defenders, and eventually put you in a game situation. Who knows how many hours I spent on the old IA practicing chute routes and behind the base turns, i still can't do them properly alone, nevermind 5 people shooting rockets at me

phanakapan

Private Tester
I actually like the idea of ghost flags for route practice quite a bit. This is only really valid if we can vote maps or there is a server with each map though. Right now, practicing frost alone would be pretty pointless.

DKnight556

Anyone can run routes and llama a flag with no one trying to block them. Takes real skill and practice to llama a flag with people trying to block you

Propkid

Anyone can run routes and llama a flag with no one trying to block them. Takes real skill and practice to llama a flag with people trying to block you
Yah like llamaing in PuGs. So much more skill involved that doing ordinary OD caps in PuGs. ;DDDDD