Best way to get over someone? (srs)

Stubbsy

Contributor
Why am I posting this daft topic? Because I'm seriously needing help guys. I was with a girl for a year, yet I'm still young. She was the first girl I've ever loved and cared for. It was fine at the beginning and everything started to go tits up. She messed me around so bad, but I put up with it cause I love her.

Now people say (times a healer) but honestly it sucks trying to forget about her even though we split up 6 months ago. She treat me like crap yet I still have strong feeling. Theres not a day goes by without thinking about her!

Please, serious replies guys and please for the sake of me, keep it nice.
Thanks.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
In my opinion, there's no "best" way, there's not even a "good" way. But you'll make it anyways. Try to get yourself excited for something, be it going out, a TV show, some game, whatever. Surround yourself with people you know and get to know new ones. That feeling of inferiority will go away and you'll find your self esteem again. Some day. It's true, it'll take time. Not much you can do about that.

Royalty

The Aussie
I got 99 problems and a bitch is one.
From my own experiences, and in agreement with what Gheist said, find something else to occupy your time. For me it was weightlifting.

Try it, or something else, after all, look at Kryst, who hit the gym after a break-up.

Dimitryy

what a nice community where you can come up with your private problems and get 3 serious answeres :)
i just wanted to say this, but i cant help you stubbsy. i still wish you good luck at getting over her.
you might try the tips Gheist, Royalty and *Fireblasto* gave you. they sound pretty plausible to me.

Stubbsy

Contributor
I'm quite impressed haha. I'm actually getting serious replies. Thanks a lot for the advice guys, your all awesome.

DKnight556

I know I'm probably repeating everyone but really pick up a new hobby that you never had time to due. I built my first computers in those days. Don't fret, cause it all goes away with time.

Vox

I know the feeling you're saying Stubbsy, and all I gotta say is pretty much what everyone who posted on this thread said,
Find something to get your mind off of her. Whether it be lifting, reading, focusing on getting good grades, trying new things, travelling, hanging out with your closest friends, and so on.
She may treat you like crap, but once she see's you don't care how she treats you, she'll stop.

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
To use an Australian idiom,

Build a bridge and get over it.

Now that might sound curt and insulting, but the reality is you need to make your own bridge. Like giest said, there is no best way - although I am an advocate of Scotch and Ice Cream, a brief (ha) period of self loathing eventually followed by having a good, hard look at the gut I've been cultivating over that supposedly brief period and working hard to get rid of it.

Basically, physical exercise works well for most blokes - hit the gym, go for a hard swim, grab five litres of water and start walk until you run out of half then turn backetc. and while doing it, focus on the task at hand. I usually avoid being proactive about dating during this period, but if somebody asks you out take a punt and go for a coffee - nothing involving alcohol.

Also never date an ex, nothing ever good comes of it #freshlyburned

Last edited:

Defender

The best way to get over some one, find some one new, don't waste time thinking about the last one.
Good thing you where not married or had a kid, you would be loosing a lot more than a relationship, but a lot of your money for a long time.
Advice, stay single like Paul Walker, did, poke everything you want, use protection, and don't get married, if you like keeping your money and freedom.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
9072_a3a8.gif

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Time by itself will not help, you have to 'digest' her and understand why it was wrong to have such a relationship in the first place. After that I would cut her off or if there is absolutely no way to avoid her, be nice but keep your distance :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Advice, stay single like Paul Walker, did, poke everything you want, use protection, and don't get married, if you like keeping your money and freedom.

Paul Walker had a steady, long term girlfriend for years, just that he kept his private life very private. I have a feeling that somewhere down the line Defender got hurt by a woman, and perhaps this thread is not only here to help Stubbsy with his post relationship blues, but to also help Defender heal from his sorrow!

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
A lot of the guys made some great points and I have a couple of things to add real quick. I know you said that she was your first girlfriend/lover etc. and I think a lot of people today really do have a hard time letting go of their first girlfriend. It was the same with me, but time really does heal and just take comfort in knowing that it is not the last time you're going to care for somebody again. I can tell you I'm 100% sure that you're going to find someone in the near future. You know the cliché of "there are a lot of fish in the sea," but every cliché has a little bit of truth in it. I know you also said that you had some problems with her so I'm also 100% sure that you will find someone just as good if not better than her. no offense girlie But yeah, you'll make it through. Just keep your chin up because we all make mistakes and there will always be learning experiences such as these. We've all been through it so we know where you're coming from.
Chao

Stubbsy

Contributor
Wow, some great advice from everyone. I honestly am thankful for your replies. They all seem to make sense. And again, thank you all!<3