Download Badlands

light6767

well i just broke legions so... yea im just going to play live and not *dance* with this *chocolate cookies* untill there is a tutorial

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Hats off to you Enryu, an extremely good map you have put together there. With the flat plain in the center of the map made a little more rugged, and hilly, it'd be a joy to play on.

.... wut? lol "it'd be a joy to play on" - for rabbit mode ;)
I still think that without hill modification this map will not succeed.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
well i just broke legions so...
Broke your legions? If you mean messed up your public test, delete the public test folder and update the public test via the launcher again for a vanilla public test.
im just going to play live and not *dance* with this *chocolate cookies* untill there is a tutorial
Honestly, why would you need a 'tutorial' on how to install these devised maps, when the creator has explained it so simply?

.... wut? lol "it'd be a joy to play on" - for rabbit mode ;)
Not really, no. Frankly, I think with more hills, and less plains of emptiness, it has the potential to be a nice enough map for ctf as well.
Thou in the current state, rabbit would be a hell of a lot of fun!

light6767

well i did what voltage said and re insalled them in the correct place but they load about 75% when playing legions thens kicks me out

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Seriously thou, you need to explain it comprehensively. What kicks you out? What loads about 75%? How are you able to play legions if it still loading?

light6767

Seriously thou, you need to explain it comprehensively. What kicks you out? What loads about 75%? How are you able to play legions if it still loading?
ok so i go ond open launche(legions) and select public test then chose my server (new map testing) then it starts loading says loading objects then it gives me a message at the menue it reads you do not have the requiedversion of legions or the related art work or something like that

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
a nother unrelated question why am i a new member when i have played since instant action?
You are a 'New Member' until you have posted 30 posts anywhere on the forum, it has no relevance to the number of years you have been playing legions.

Back to topic.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
ok so i go ond open launche(legions) and select public test then chose my server (new map testing) then it starts loading says loading objects then it gives me a message at the menue it reads you do not have the requiedversion of legions or the related art work or something like that
Yes, but when I said a clean version of the public test, I didn't mean for you to go and try the modded server with the clean version of public test. Make sure you have copied the three files to the missions folder in your public test folder. Try opening legions public-test with the executable afterwards, not the default launcher.

Libra

loving these otherworldly maps feels like a mars map like a first human settlement on mars type situation looks great so far can't wait to see more

light6767

Yes, but when I said a clean version of the public test, I didn't mean for you to go and try the modded server with the clean version of public test. Make sure you have copied the three files to the missions folder in your public test folder. Try opening legions public-test with the executable afterwards, not the default launcher.
how do i do that i do not understand your terminology?
as in Try opening legions public-test with the executable afterwards,

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
The executable as in the red legions icon that is in your public test folder.

Thou, one more thing. Did you download only the custom map files for 'Badlands' or all the custom maps that have been made. It works like this, if you download the 'Badlands' custom files, that's the only custom map you'll be able to go on. If you're going on a server, that is for example running 'Colosseum' whilst only having the 'Badlands' custom files, you will be prompted to download the latest version of the game, as you don't have the custom files to load that map.

I suggest you download all custom files accordingly from the CustomMaps, install all of them, so that no matter what server you go on, you wont get the 'obtain the latest version from operator' pop-up