Australian Servers

glad to hear ya still alive train, Im still waiting to hear back from everyone if they think the 130 a month deal is good enough to go ahead with but if it is we could be happening within the next week or so :)

Voraega looks like a great map, where the hell is it ?

Daphinicus

Private Tester

1. Off-topic, but whatever.
  2. The first video is a set of maps that were being built by the original IA development team. Some, you might see return. Others, you definitely won't. One of those maps is going to be put back into the game quite soon.
  3. The second video is, I'm fairly certain, a community mapper, and it shows; his terrain is so clearly auto-gen'd it hurts. It's just a big map with hills and valleys and no structure to speak of, and that makes Daffy sad.

$13 x 9 payers is only $117

'OVO can you be a book keeper.' - Clearly we wont be getting u to do it ;)

have u even looked into an electronic alternative yet?

I just want to make a separate paypal account for legions only so I can see how much is there and from who each month then pay it, going to the bank to cash checks is NOT my idea of a good time.

Ladies and gentlemen, send your first payment of $25 for the first month and $15 a month thereafter (until we get more ppl to pay) to paypal: austded@gmail.com .Mark it as personal/donation to keep costs down, leave a message saying who it is from so I know whos paid what and hopefully we can be playing in aust by next week :)

Vustom

@jedics - Are you going to refund people the money that they sent you if you're not able to get a server?

Vustom

I guess it's time to refund peoples money, this is going no were, lets face it, there chances of a Australian dedicated server are slim, along with users being able to self-host, If there was a public dedicated server software for Legions it would be different.

it is looking that way...if I had a dollar for every person who said they would do something and then didnt I could afford to pay for the server twice over........

and yet I see aussies playing at 250 + ping all the time..................... a bit odd and a lot disappointing. :(

Vustom

We just need the donations. Can't pay for a server with dreams and fairy dust. =/
You won't need to pay a cent if you release the software to the public thats used to create a Legions dedicated server, every other PC game does it, why not Legions?

it is looking that way...if I had a dollar for every person who said they would do something and then didnt I could afford to pay for the server twice over........
and yet I see aussies playing at 250 + ping all the time..................... a bit odd and a lot disappointing. :(
There would be Australian servers up now if they didn't want to own the server and just released the software that is used to create the Legions dedicated servers, so blame the Legions team, not the people that play free to play games.

Mahidhar

Leaving the blaming and the flaming parts, they have told some of us, that they cannot release the "server code" due to security issues. Still, they are open for server suggestions and donations. I don't know if the money will be returned, when the servers do not show up, though.

Vustom

Leaving the blaming and the flaming parts, they have told some of us, that they cannot release the "server code" due to security issues. Still, they are open for server suggestions and donations. I don't know if the money will be returned, when the servers do not show up, though.
I've heard that excuse before, sadly, it does not reduce my ping nor does it make me happy.

Outlawl

Macabre
You won't need to pay a cent if you release the software to the public thats used to create a Legions dedicated server, every other PC game does it, why not Legions?

It's not as simple as you would imagine Vustom, the development team can't release the Legions' server software because of the various legal and security constraints/concerns involved. Perhaps at a later date, the development team will be able to release the server software so that players can operate their own servers, however at the moment, it's just not plausible.

They development team isn't like every other game company in the fact that the staff does not have a large workforce, does not get paid, and works on their own free time time(they have other obligations too).

I think that should solve all of your questions.