Asia servers just not being used !

Sounds like the only way it will happen as Ive never seen a deal in Aust even close to the $140 a month Greaper says the Asia servers are.

cheapest Ive seen is $100 set up and $200 a month and that deal didnt quite have the download amount probably needed.

Cost for the SG/JP servers is around 35 USD/month each, that covers all game servers which are located on it.
Sounds like the only way it will happen as Ive never seen a deal in Aust even close to the $140 a month Greaper says the Asia servers are.
cheapest Ive seen is $100 set up and $200 a month and that deal didnt quite have the download amount probably needed.

Ok I'm confused. 35USD a month is, off the top of my head what, 33AUD. How does that equal $140/month?

Either way though, Australia needs cheaper internets :(

Mahidhar

Yeah, whatever the problem these days, player-hosted servers seem to be one permanent solution, for all of us. So, hang in there Jedics.

ha, ye hawk my maths must have gone MIA. :)

Missing In my in action more like it.

hang in there? the last dozen times ive been on line there has not been even a single player on the SG/JP servers :(

and I havent been in a game with more than 5 players in about 2 months.

Immanent

ha, ye hawk my maths must have gone MIA. :)

Missing In my in action more like it.

hang in there? the last dozen times ive been on line there has not been even a single player on the SG/JP servers :(

and I havent been in a game with more than 5 players in about 2 months.
Man you never pug jedics, laaame.

Karnage

Private Tester
funny that you say they are being used Karns as the last roughly dozen times Ive popped in to see if anyone was on there wasnt a single person playing on SG or JP. Usually if I enter and ski around for 10 minutes another 1 or 2 players jump on but almost never enuf for anything other than DM.

god dam over priced aussie internet!

Looks like any decent legions is pretty much over for me until player hosting happens :(
Your ping is pretty decent Jed. Some of our players don't ping under 260 anywhere but they play regularly. I think you ping about 100 on SG?

When SG isnt playing up (usually during the day) I ping a steady 100 which is enjoyable and I can be competitive against all but the really good players with really low ping like in the 20's like aimbot for example as he can chain anybody out from full health. But regularly my ping can move up into the 150 + range in the evening. Honestly id rather go do something else at 130+ I know others still play regularly at over 200 and I used to also but I was a noob then and now Im into vet territory and I just cant apply the skills Ive gained at that kind of ping and just find it frustrating rather than the fun that it should be.

ok, this is the last time I speak on such matters.
Last night I was playing with 4 others on SG at about 9pm when suddenly all our pings doubled for a prolonged time. While I am greatful for the OD crews effort and having a server that is occasionally useable is better than none at all, in the interest of the game I wonder if you guys should just put the money back in your pocket rather than pay for a server that A. is almost never used and B. is probably contributing to why it isnt because the ping is so erratic! High ping is one thing and a variation of 20ms is ok but SG is regularly more than that so even low ping players are frustrated there.

Or are u guys just planning on keeping it up until player hosting comes along?