ascend bolt rifle

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
I thought this thread was to discuss T:A, not bash it.
Hi, you must be new to this whole Tribes thing.

Tis a cultural norm to hate upon the latest Tribes title, I myself have been hating on Tribes titles since my crappy little desktop refused to run T2 back in 2001!

OmniNept

Actionaut
Gather 'round the campfire for more e-sports drama. Apparently a number of Monomaniac (deadstop) members have left the team/game. A couple of team Legion members were brought in to form the new Monomaniac. Blitz, who has captained Mono/DS since its creation, was not invited for Mono 2.0.

http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/team-leadership-for-dummies-by-nept.3125/

"A strong team requires thoughtful, deliberate recruitment. Too often, this aspect of captaincy is neglected, resulting in a hodge-podge of conflicting personalities and skill levels. Your members are your team: choose them poorly, and your team will crumble."

"The internet's a better personality metric than is often believed. A person's behaviour sans restraints is indicative of their actual personality, so to speak – one unfettered by social norms and regulations. Take careful stock of a candidate's forum posts, IRC chats, and in-game behaviour, especially in adverse conditions."

"Nept is always right."

Royalty

The Aussie
What really pisses me off about TA is that it takes years to unlock one damn item. I would like to spend $30 on Tribes, and I have the money to do so, however as I don't have a credit card, I would need my dad to buy it for me. I asked him about to months ago, and he said no, as he doesn't like the game because he thinks it is "sick" and "violent"...

RAGE RAGE RAGE

Wish they had like gift cards or something which could be bought at shops worldwide.
Eg- buy a card with cash, scratch the card to reveal the code, then enter the code in-game. Could take $30 down to the newsagent and buy it myself...

Siper

Private Tester
What really pisses me off about TA is that it takes years to unlock one damn item. I would like to spend $30 on Tribes, and I have the money to do so, however as I don't have a credit card, I would need my dad to buy it for me. I asked him about to months ago, and he said no, as he doesn't like the game because he thinks it is "sick" and "violent"...

RAGE RAGE RAGE

Wish they had like gift cards or something which could be bought at shops worldwide.
Eg- buy a card with cash, scratch the card to reveal the code, then enter the code in-game. Could take $30 down to the newsagent and buy it myself...

get a visa/mastercard giftcard ?..

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
You can get those :-0 ???

Pretty sure you can go set up a bank account on your own. I've had a Visa card for about 4 years now. If you have a solo or switch approved card, Paypal accepts those too so you can do it that way.

MJ1284

Show your dad some gameplay footage of Dead Space or Mortal Kombat fatalities and ask him "aren't you glad I'm not playing THESE sick and violent games? Now give me your credit card".
Also, First Win bonuses.

mymymy this place looks older than an 80 year old dick

Tribes ascend:

long story short

thought it'd be a *chocolate cookies* game

turned out to be great

dueling spinfusah numbah won

anyone here play on CTF servers?

though paying $22 bucks for *chocolate cookies* in a game is pretty gay. *dance* YOU HIREZ! *dance* YOUUU.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
turned out to be great

izulj5.gif

oh hey jorda. since when did you grow so much chest hair? and why are you wearing a douchebag golfing cap?

[proedit]: noticed today the T:A community is about as douchy as this one

ask them a question about controls and they get their panties in a twist. just like old times.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
oh hey jorda. since when did you grow so much chest hair? and why are you wearing a douchebag golfing cap?

[proedit]: noticed today the T:A community is about as douchy as this one

ask them a question about controls and they get their panties in a twist. just like old times.
funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

Now for public amusement, I will take you through the steps of what just happened.

1. Skypredator makes a huge deal about leaving
  2. Comes back
  3. Jordan says Welcome Back being a kind CM in SeymourGorian fashion
  4. Skypredator acts like a child, like always
  5. Jordan posts hilarious gif from The Office and opens up his Admin Control Panel
  6. Skypredator gets banned.
  7. Jordan looks down at his chest and admires the hair.
Edit: Forgive the slight Off Topic-ness of this post.