Any chance of getting a West Coast server?

Karnage

Private Tester
I am posting this for personal reasons of course, but I am hoping that there are others (many of the 57th are West Coast) who would like to see this happen. These days I don't ping under 250 anywhere, sigh. Even on the stupid Singapore server!

w00tyou

I support this, moltendorf has a west coast server that can be used, he actually proposed in a thread.

Karnage

Private Tester
Yes, and I pinged really well to it but unfortunately he is not a dev and so there is a security risk. At least that's why I think they don't ask him.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
We did mention that you all will be able to host your servers...soon...in the State of the Empire Address. All I can say is be patient and eventually you and MoltenDwarf will be able to host your own dedicated servers wherever you would like. :)

Karnage

Private Tester
Ah okay. Didn't know how soon 'soon' was but I am a patient guy - sort of. I was also under the impression that there would be certain severe limitations to who could host. Something about needing software? Or was I mistaken? Anyway, thanks for responding to the thread.

trinium

Private Tester
I also would <3 this. West coast has major issue w/ the chicago servers , always has. But in reality a true central server in Dallas, TX would probably fit the bill nicely as 90% of the US will ping under 70

Abandoned

This means AUS & NZ will have something to celebrate!
If those servers DO come in the near future, I'm just hoping that I will ping sub-100 if a Aussie player hosts a server.
Maybe hope that my ISP doesn't give the Aussies too bad of a ping if I get to host.
Sweet.