A2's Trailer concept

tofuman64

the faint overdrive sound was a very nice touch, but i think it may confuse the newer players. Just saying. The brightness could also be toned down on the map clips.

moronval

Private Tester
Not really all that impressive. You should consider letting those with talent to make a trailer, and trailer concepts.

Dacil

i like it, the placement of text was nicely done...but what the text itself says is kinda meh....music choice was nice b/c it wasn't too over the top techno-y and not too slow and boring either...so nice job, def. in my top 2

oh and it could use some much cleaner (not fuzzy) footage but thats not entirely your fault

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Not really all that impressive. You should consider letting those with talent to make a trailer, and trailer concepts.

Howdy there! I just wanted to let you know that you used an erroneous "to" in your sentence. Better wording really would have been, "consider letting those with talent make the trailers, and trailer concepts." In the future, you should consider letting those with talent make the snide and unhelpful remarks.

Carry on!

moronval

Private Tester
Howdy there! I just wanted to let you know that you used an erroneous "to" in your sentence. Better wording really would have been, "consider letting those with talent make the trailers, and trailer concepts." In the future, you should consider letting those with talent make the snide and unhelpful remarks.

Carry on!

You'll to have to forgive me for not jumping on the band wagon of praising a bad quality trailer (granted, concept) for legions. The last thing I want is for legions to be represented by something probably done in 5 minutes.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Agreed with moronval. Didn't find it that great.

This is just constructive criticism Daphinicus, you can't please everyone with the stuff you do.

Yoda5891

You'll to have to forgive me for not jumping on the band wagon of praising a bad quality trailer (granted, concept) for legions. The last thing I want is for legions to be represented by something probably done in 5 minutes.

The title of the trailer does include 'Fan-made' so as not to be confused with an official trailer released, designed or even approved by the owners of the game.

Daphinicus

Private Tester

This is just constructive criticism Daphinicus, you can't please everyone with the stuff you do.

Oh, that's totally fine -- I have no problem with criticism. I took issue with how said criticism was given, not why it was given or that fact that it WAS given.

Personally, were I making a trailer I'd do it quite differently. But I'm not the one doing the making; in this case, A2 is. It's a lot more constructive to help someone move down the right path than it is to block them from taking the wrong one. It's kind of like improv -- blocking is bad. The correct answer to any line in improv, conceptually speaking, is "Yes, and..." ADD to the conversation. Don't subtract from it.

MJ1284

Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Let's try to avoid spurring conflict and bad sentiments, please?

I don't mind competititon, but statements like "I like it better than that other guy's work" can invoke unintented verbal abuse and slandering amongst some community members. So let's keep it tidy folks!

I fail to see how "I didn't like your work, let the REAL arists do their job" is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism in any way. Some people are blunt, yes, but there's a faint line in being blunt and simply being rude.

If you don't like the video, atleast tell us what parts you liked and what parts you didn't like AND what would you do differently.

sugardemon

Overdrive sound at the end is win.
Some similar sentiment from MJ's trailers: show off some speed. Combat won't sell this game until you've played it. Movement will. Flag play is good, but rather than picking your footage from clips that show off player aim, see if you can find shots of intense activity, or displaying something that plays up your narrative text (maybe 'choose your loadout' instead of 'large number of classes', lol).

Mahidhar

So his trial of working towards a successful trailer, stopping the other "talented" beings? I guess, in your point of view, amateur artists must step way just because they lack the skill.

stefygraff

Private Tester

You should consider understanding what Fan-made is!

The last thing I want is for legions to be represented by something probably done in 5 minutes.

Speculations, he worked on it(i know the best how much he worked on it). Lets just say that it was made in 5 minutes, the pure simplicity and dynamic untalented Fan-made concept, gives class...

Your negative opinions make my heart pail!

Disci

Old man
Morna has a good point anyway. Even the vids are good they still are not pro quality vids. They work as a unofficial fan vids but are no where near to something which could be used as official vid. I would like to see one on front page greeting anyone who comes to this site curious what game this is.

A2

I never said it was to be official or anything. It's just something I did because I had time to, and it was fun to, and as my appreciation to the team who are working on getting the game back. :D

Mots0311

Carry on!

LOL , Man I love sarcasm!!!

Allow me to reiterate sugardemon, Legions is about SPEED, if you cant generate it your dead. Its why I love the game over other shooter types. Show some high speed fancy manouvers and such. Legions is not for the feint of heart. Cool video though.

w00tyou

We won't have a professional trailer until legions comes out. Concepts just give us an idea what a person can do.