A Weapon Idea

masterluso

So I had an idea for a possible weapon. I don't have a name for it, but this is basically how it would work:

The weapon would fire a metal slug, and by doing so, would only by effective in a direct hit(or very, very close on the ground for shrapnel damage). The weapon would have about twice the fire rate of the rocket, and would do approximately 30% damage per hit to a raider. The projectile would not follow a straight path. Instead, it would travel along a shallow parabolic path(fired horizontally). This path would be noticeable at mid range(150m+), but at short distances would almost be inconsequential. The knock-back inflicted by a hit would be comparable to a rocket direct hit, but would probably be a little less.

I imagine the weapon would look like some kind of funny rifle, and the projectile would be traced by a thin trail of smoke, extending from where it was fired to where it lands(this is stated knowing nothing about how much stress a bunch of these trails would put on a server. I just think it would look nice).

I imagine this weapon would work(or I would use it) as a chaingun alternative. However, I can see it working as a rocket alternative, or even a sniper if you could get used to the arc at longer distances.

Discuss/modify the idea/shoot down. Do as you please. Also, I would like to point out that this is just an idea. I am not asking for this to be made, I am just asking for it to be discussed, and if that discussion results in a new weapon, then good for us.

Propkid

Testing wise it'd be like this: GL with lower dmg, a really small explosion radius and a longer parabola

You didn't mention the projectile size and speed though (and ammo limit). And the dmg seems a bit high for something that shoots so fast. An inverse distance-dmg relationship could work out though with such a gun (and could be explained by the projectile gaining energy by falling down).

Now just a general comment: new guns isnt what legions needs exactly ATM. And the devs have got many gun concepts in stock (I hope). Don't get too hyped up, but if you come up with something its always worth sharing.

masterluso

I knew I'd forget something :/

The projectile wouldn't be very big; about the size of a human fist(not whatever kind of superhuman things are in Legions).

As it is not self propelled, it has to leave the weapon pretty fast. I don't know how fast a CG bullet goes, but I'd say this would go somewhere between 300 and 400 m/s.

Ammo limit? I hadn't given much thought to it, but the little thought I did give told me something around 50. Thinking about this more though makes that sound slightly OP. But 30 seems too low for the fire rate. 40 maybe?

Also, I like the idea of a distance-damage relationship. That would make this a much more interesting weapon to use.

Vinzyboy23

It's like a projectile that has wheels zooming through the ground emitting thin smoke and exploding within contact.

Armageddon

Teapot
I hope before anymore weapons are made they work on perfecting the current weapons, I'd rather see new weapons coming way way later if at all.

Oh and gimme a friggin turret already.