A way to cancel the Flag throw once you start holding Q

Mabeline

God-Tier
I added a hidden pref called $Pref::Input::ChargeCancelTimeMs that you can use to set a timeout on the button press.

Now please leave me alone.

yami

Private Tester
thanks, but the only problem now is you wont be sure if it has timed out already or not. but at least its a start

Fahrenheit451

Legions Developer
His question hasn't really been answered.
Yes it has.
The flag is part of the inventory system now, which is why you only have to press 1 button. If we added things you would have to either have a new keybind for flag/items (bad idea), and then hold down fire , or you would have to cycle through a mass of items to select your what you wanted to use. In a fast game like legions it becomes very annoying when you want to use something *now* and have to hit multiple buttons in consecutive order.

Adding new keybinds for everything is going to be a problem in the future. So we looked at it and decided it was less work for us, it made the most sense to new players and allows for faster reactions.

LindN

i find the new way to be sweet, if you're trying to throw but miss out on the opportunity and can't cancel, throw it in the air while going hyperspeed, catch it again and look like a complete badass.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Another alternative, with the shorter respawn times is that, if you are close enough to the base, you can throw it, respawn and attempt to catch your own throw. Just a thought.

Vox

i think that there should be a power bar telling you how much power goes into the flag throw. and if you hold "q" or whatever button you have set for the flag throw long enough, the power bar decreases to zero which then if you release your flag throwing button, nothing will happen.

57thRomance

I've noticed this new method of throwing the flag as well, and I have to ask: What's the purpose for a flag reticle if you throw the flag right when you press Q? With the old system, the flag reticle let the player know that he/she was ready to throw the flag. Now that the player throws the flag instantly, why make a ret for the function?