A few things

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I see only four things wrong with the game at the moment:

• Where the heck has the flag display gone? I used to use that alot
  • Quick chat imo, we need it soon.
  • Flag throwing system, Its bad. The flag needs to be treated as a weapon, rather than a hold down.
  • Reticles, they reset after you restart the game.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I see only four things wrong with the game at the moment:

• Where the heck has the flag display gone? I used to use that alot
  • Quick chat imo, we need it soon.
  • Flag throwing system, Its bad. The flag needs to be treated as a weapon, rather than a hold down.
  • Reticles, they reset after you restart the game.
The flag system isn't bad. Now you can actually defend your self while charging your throw.

The only downside I've found with the new flag system, is that as far as I can tell, once you start pressing that button, there's no turning back without actually throwing it. (If there is a way, please tell, as there's a few of us trying to figure that one out)

Disci

Old man
The only downside I've found with the new flag system, is that as far as I can tell, once you start pressing that button, there's no turning back without actually throwing it. (If there is a way, please tell, as there's a few of us trying to figure that one out)

Max throw immediately without charging. No compainings about this matter anymore.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
The flag system isn't bad. Now you can actually defend your self while charging your throw.
Exactly, this way is much better for self defense, you only need to press 1 button instead of two and it doesn't prevent you from firing your weapons. This is much more intuitive for players and the old system won't be coming back anyway.
We did this to create an inventory system so we can add goodies later down the road that won't interfere with weapons. Flags were originally part of an off-hand weapons system that were just a terrible blockade for us to try to work around in code and would have caused a lot [read: time consuming] problems for us. This new system is MUCH more flexible and we can add what we want with it easily.

The rest on the list are normal features we didn't have time to add yet.

Deskari

I don't see the whole flag thing as a big deal since we'll all kinda adapt to whatever the system becomes, but I'll put in my input anyways.

Well, let's look at it from another point of view. Perhaps you weren't meant to be able to defend yourself while throwing the flag. Could just be one of those constraints that are incurred for performing certain actions. For example-chaingun spin-up, or weapon switch delay.

Exactly, this way is much better for self defense, and the old system won't be coming back anyway.
We did this to allow an inventory system so we can add goodies later down the road that won't interfere with weapons. Flags were originally part of an off-hand weapons system that were just a terrible blockade for us to try to work around in code and would have caused a lot [read: time consuming] problems for us. This new system is MUCH more flexible and we can add what we want with it easily.

The rest on the list are normal features we didn't have time to add yet.
Could the flag perhaps be incorporated into the inventory system? Then you could have rules implemented like...you cant use your off-hand item while holding the flag.

Application-1

test bester
After getting used to it i like the new flag system really I hated it first but after some time you just see the devs did a good job.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
The flag is part of the inventory system now, which is why you only have to press 1 button. If we added things you would have to either have a new keybind for flag/items (bad idea), and then hold down fire , or you would have to cycle through a mass of items to select your what you wanted to use. In a fast game like legions it becomes very annoying when you want to use something *now* and have to hit multiple buttons in consecutive order.

Adding new keybinds for everything is going to be a problem in the future. So we looked at it and decided it was less work for us, it made the most sense to new players and allows for faster reactions.