lag spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree

about ever minute or two my lag changes from around 50 to around 130 and doesn't change back for another 30 seconds, mucking up my fps and making me a useless player. what do i do?

tree

yes i am. Last night when i was playing after about half an hour of the ping changing it stopped and just stayed at my regular ping, I shall do the ping tracking thing tonight.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
yes i am. Last night when i was playing after about half an hour of the ping changing it stopped and just stayed at my regular ping, I shall do the ping tracking thing tonight.
Chances are it's your ISP resetting, it happens to me all the time around 1-2am PST

Fixious

Test Lead
I think everyone would recommend switching to a physical connection, if possible. While it probably won't help with your ISP resetting (if that's the actual issue), you will notice a more stable ping when playing.

tree

don't have a microwave ^^ and i can't do a physical connection becuase i am about 30 ft away from the router and my mother's using one for her computer anyway. where can i change my ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.