Computer crashing! PLZ help!

So i havent played games on my computer for a loooong time.
And i decided recently to reinstall CoD:MW2, Alien Swarm and a couple of other games.
I opened up steam and i always check the recent news section in witch was the: ''Hey, update your graphics card!'' thingy so i did.
The games installed and i started playing CoD.
moments later the computer crashed and while it was crashing it made a sound like it was repeating a small section of the current sound on the game rapidly.
So i taught: Ok, maybe it just needs to cool down (cause my laptop is a piece of garbage)
Now every time i run any game it crashes, the same way, with the sound.
I would appreciate you helping me fix the problem. And maybe this has something to do with it: every game i ran was ran trough steam.

Processor: ADM Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 PCUs), 2.00 GHz
RAM: 2046MB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600
Chip Type: ATI Radeon graphics processor (0x9581)
DAC type: Internal DAC (400MHz)

Every thing was working fine before.
I played games on it before and it didnt act this way. And they were Steam games.
Dont know why is this happening.

MJ1284

I opened up steam and i always check the recent news section in witch was the: ''Hey, update your graphics card!'' thingy so i did.
moments later the computer crashed and while it was crashing it made a sound like it was repeating a small section of the current sound on the game rapidly.

Might have something to do with that. I noticed that after updating my graph drivers I got black screen while watching YouTube video.. moment later I got this message saying that my computer has recovered from a crash (and yes, I have ATI card too so I used ATI Catalyst update thingie).

Lesson learned? Don't update your drivers if everything works dandy.

Calimo

My guess is that it would be the drivers you just downloaded. A friend of mine had the same exact issue, so he rolled back his drivers and shabam!!! His game of Black Ops worked just fine!!

Try this at your own risk, even though I have never had any problems with this personally... Computers hate... pretty much everything you do to them, and will always try to find new ways to give you a headache. If you and your parents share this PC... Do not do it without their consent.

A way you can rollback your driver is by reading... http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/03/16/how-to-rollback-driver-update-in-windows-vista/

In other words.. go to Control Panel ---> Device Manager ---> Display Adapters (or something similar that deals with graphics) --- Double click on your card's name ---> Click drivers tab ---> Click Roll back Drivers --- Restart and if it's the driver's issue.. This should fix it!

And again... Even though I have never personally had issues with doing a driver rollback... That doesn't mean you won't have an issue.. And I do not want to break your PC! So you may want to wait a bit before doing this to see if anyone else has any better options for you!

ONE MORE THING
... next time go with Nvidia, and you won't have these problems..
>_>
<_<'

Xtreme

shaska's bff
ONE MORE THING
... next time go with Nvidia, and you won't have these problems..
>_>
<_<'

No actually I had (and still have) an Nvidia graphics card and I had the same problem. I tried rollback it didn't work for me since the card itself was destroyed.

Calimo

No actually I had (and still have) an Nvidia graphics card and I had the same problem. I tried rollback it didn't work for me since the card itself was destroyed.

lol I apologize, I forget how sarcasm can be lost in translation through text. I understand nvidia has the same issues! I do not mean for this to turn into an nvidia vs ati thread! They both have their pros and cons!
And personally that seems like a manufacturing problem, but if you want to talk about it any longer, private message me! No need to make this thread an argument about anything else!

I would suggest to run a few benchmarks (3dmarkX,thurMark,Superpie,Prime95,OCCT) if they are all stable don't bother rolling back cause it wont make any difference, my rig does crash when it is unstable (clocks to high,not linked.
DO THIS AT OWN RISK
IF MOST OF THE BENCHMARKS CRASH OR ARE BUGGY ROLLBACK 0.01 OF A DRIVER RELEASE OR THE ONE THAT YOU KNOW WILL WORK
IF THE WORST HAPPENS BOOT IN SAFE MODE AND RESTORE THE DRIVERS
My Suggestion
1 Get a desktop
2 Try over-clocking you're graphics card
3 Try NON steam releases of games
4 Pay someone to sort it out for you if you are CBA to do anything you're self ;)