Tribes Ascend announced.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I honestly think they cut off some of the screen space or posted it in a very small resolution just to show off the weapon. It'm sure that's not how big the weapon will be in game.

Agreed. Looks to me they zoomed in a bit on the player/weapon model to show the fine detail (and the leather looks sexy).

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I'm excited to play this (even though I have never played Tribes :S) but I'm confused how they're going to have an Xbox Live Arcade and PC version. How the hell are you doing to port/make Tribes for a console?

Mahidhar

I don't know why people hate Jet Trails so much. I loved the Legions ones and I am loving these. Gives the game, beauty. Sure, they are some-what responsible for frame drops, but you gotta go with the times, get a good graphics card, and enjoy all the detail. Hope they make it optional to turn them off, and not cut their tails off, like in Legions.

I drolled over those images!

I honestly think they cut off some of the screen space or posted it in a very small resolution just to show off the weapon. It'm sure that's not how big the weapon will be in game.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Despite that, it still looks a bit bulky. Otherwise, the screens look great, and they've bolstered my anticipation for this game.

Fixious

Test Lead
These days you can develop for multiple platforms simultaneously. Especially UE3 is catered to this.

Sure, but it's usually obvious which platform they put most of their focus on. These days the PC usually gets pushes aside. Seeing as Hi-Rez has generally been a PC developer, perhaps not all hope is lost. The fact that they haven't confirmed that the PC version is their main focus by now is worrying.

Sure, but it's usually obvious which platform they put most of their focus on. These days the PC usually gets pushes aside. Seeing as Hi-Rez has generally been a PC developer, perhaps not all hope is lost. The fact that they haven't confirmed that the PC version is their main focus by now is worrying.
Yeah, I'm with you, but so far I've got good hopes for them having their *chocolate cookies* in order. At this point in development, I wouldn't expect an announcement about platform priority (or worry about the lack of one). If they would come forward with this, they would kind of alienate half of their consumers one way or the other. I'd be one surprised puppy if they would post something like that.

Fixious

Test Lead
The overwhelming majority of their (potential) customers are past and present Tribes players, along with a number of Global Agenda players I presume. They shouldn't give a crap if console kiddies get their feelings hurt if they focus on the PC.

1103273-1203566373-PCMasterRace2.PNG