Forgotten on Public Test Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Posts like "old forgotten was better than this one" need more detail guys. This thread is meant for feedback, constructive feedback, not just statements.

Why do you think so? What was better? Etc. etc.

Abandoned

The low bases makes it more appealing for the LO and gives the LO more advantages. Since the base seems to be walled in, its hard to see whats coming at you until you get up on the structures, by then a capper might've taken the flag somewhere else.

Armageddon

Teapot
The bases are horrible, Way too low and too enclosed. I remember a lot of fun duels inside the old forgotten bases and what made them fun where the different height level platforms - Ground level, Ammo station pad level and flag level. Now we have ground and flag level, which might as well just be on the ground anyhow. The base Textures also seem a lot darker to me, before (I think, it's been awhile since i've played the map on IA) they were a much lighter texture.

The sky also seems a bit more orange to me, i thought before it was more pink/purple-ish then it was orange, too much orange - Bases/Terrain/Sky.

I did like the terrain changes, the map is a lot smoother and flowing.

Synista

Probably the worst thing people hate on it about is the base, height wise...
  • I personally have gotten used to the new base but the old bases we're a lot more enjoyable, maybe people need to stop clinging onto the past and try it out for a few days before giving contructive feedback. It was kind of an LO's dream when you had the old Forgotten, lots of nice places to hide in the enemy spawn but this one will be a lot more difficult.
  • Also I think the whole map should look a bit brighter, it feels kind of gloomy.
  • Also you should try editing the back terrain (terrain behind the bases) to make it a bit more friendly for straight front route grabs (No OD) escape routes.

S'all the feedback I have for you so far.

very much like 'shooting fish in a barrel' for the LO, they just stand on the walls shooting the hof (who finds it hard to scale them) trying to stop cappers he cant see until its to late.

Theres just nothing about the bases that are an improvement apart from how they look (I like the old ruins styling)

I dont mind the changes to the hills though the amount of work it would have been It makes me wonder what was wrong with the way it was?

Appreciate the effort guys, I REALLY do.

Karnage

Private Tester
Really appreciate the new map but have to agree that the changes are not viable. It is an LO and sniper paradise but very sucky for defence and cappers. I can see it easily becoming the least liked map with those walls on all sides. Also the light is different and makes everything sort of hazy. Not pleasant.

Karnage

Private Tester
the base was a big surprise... my HOF will love it

Requesting jump-pads on this map too!
What are you talking about Stefy? Your HoF is not going to stand a chance because the enemy LO is going to be able to stand on any of those four walls and just pound the living daylights out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.