your opinion on tribes wanted

Hello guys! Im back and crave fast paced FPS!
I taught i might take a break from Quake Live and hit up L:O and *Tribes: Ass-End*, but it has come to my attention that tribes ascend was abandoned by Hi-Rez and they shut down the matchmaking and no longer release updates.
So i ask you, respected community of the FPS+Z genre, for your recommendations!
Should i unpause the download for *Tribes: Ass-End* or would it be better to just inhabit the lands of previous Tribes installations?
Or maybe you recommend something else?

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
As far as I know matchmaking still works, though it could certainly use some tweaks. No, Hi-Rez no longer releases updates. Those stopped back in March of 2013 I htink. It's by far the most populated Tribes game right now though. I'd say give it a go and see if you like it. These days I only play Tribes 1, but it's only active during certain parts of the day, and the movement system is somewhat hard to get the hang of.

Royalty

The Aussie
I would say no, don't download Tribes. The game is going nowhere fast.

In a way, I'm glad that Hi-Rez ditched T:A for Smite, which I currently enjoy very much.

Smite is fundamentally a better game than Tribes:Ascend.

Perhaps Hi-Rez will learn from their mistakes and release another Tribes game that does justice to the franchise in a few years...

57thEnryu

I would say no, don't download Tribes. The game is going nowhere fast.

In a way, I'm glad that Hi-Rez ditched T:A for Smite, which I currently enjoy very much.

Smite is fundamentally a better game than Tribes:Ascend.

Perhaps Hi-Rez will learn from their mistakes and release another Tribes game that does justice to the franchise in a few years...
I don't feel like it made enough money to do that...

Fixious

Test Lead
They've admitted to pretty much breaking even with Ascend, and if they continued supporting it they'd just lose money. Smite on the other hand has provided them with quite a bit. They've expanded their offices and have been hiring a slew of people for a while.

Royalty

The Aussie
They've admitted to pretty much breaking even with Ascend, and if they continued supporting it they'd just lose money. Smite on the other hand has provided them with quite a bit. They've expanded their offices and have been hiring a slew of people for a while.
This.

Hopefully the capital earned from Smite will allow them to make a better Tribes game in the future, or alternatively, they just sell the IP off to (hopefully) another corporation which can do the Tribes franchise justice.