Legions: Overdrive F2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

k e v i n

Private Tester
looks cool, but I'm really hoping that those upgrades really are minimal and won't affect the game a whole lot.

also, a while back I heard some stuff about some bitcoin scandal and them filing for bankruptcy, don't know if it was true or not.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
looks cool, but I'm really hoping that those upgrades really are minimal and won't affect the game a whole lot.

No worries, they're very minimal. On a test server, Poponfu was fully upgraded whereas I was the 'base' spec and ol' pops still lost the majority of our duels.

also, a while back I heard some stuff about some bitcoin scandal and them filing for bankruptcy, don't know if it was true or not.

Not too familiar with Bitcoin myself, but it seems to be gaining popularity. With that said, there should be Paypal options alongside major credit cards. It's mostly web server implementation stuff that Seymour doesn't totally understand, but luckily GReaper knows a lot about and he should be able to create a secure e-commerce backend.

Armageddon

Teapot
Aww... no.. not leejunz ;(

I love the idea of getting legions money and i'll throw mine at the shop when it pops up but any type of armor or weapon enhancing is just not how i'd like to see it done.
You say it's minimal but think of how steep the learning curve is already, then give kiwi a shorter reload or added damage to the skybolt.. or jicker added time on the warp core or Kryst added movement on the dodge core or Jord added regen and hell i wouldn't want to play anymore. I know you guys ran test but run those test with joe-shmoe and anyone i listed and you're going to have a very unlucky and unhappy player. I like the cosmetic approach like what IA was going towards or even loadout slots but anything that gives anyone even a slight advantage over a non-payer-player i think is the wrong move.

Not to get into the business end of this but what about IAC? Did something change? If so can we get on steam? If you watch greenlight like i do you'll know legions could get into that and get picked easily.. all i see on green is 2D sidescrollers and BS anymore.. The game really needs a distro if it's possible now.

Also what about people who host servers what happens on our end, will we still beable to host 1.x or are we going to have to change to this new format in order to host?
I just don't like that this small game is taking huge steps all of a sudden and everything we have been use to is getting up ended without in-depth detail.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
An excellent change. Only question: Do you accept dogecoins?

TO DA MOOOOOON

tricksie little seymour, deleting posts that call this an april fools. you'll never foil me!

Last edited:

SNAKEOPS

I like this....boosts to speed? Awesome, while everyone goes 250, ill finally hit 400 because percentage boosts is greater for higher numbers. See ya, suckers.

Jello

Contributor
I like this....boosts to speed? Awesome, while everyone goes 250, ill finally hit 400 because percentage boosts is greater for higher numbers. See ya, suckers.

He did say the effects would be very minimal lol and if you do hit 400 ill be right behind you to shoot you down ;)

Modifications will bring slight adjustments to damage, projectile speed, explosion radius, friction, air control, etc. We want to stress that these modifications will be minor, and will no way bring a Pay2Win aspect to the game.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Moderator keeps bringing my post back. I deleted it for a reason, and it makes me look a twat.
cartman-i-do-what-i-want.jpg

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I believe the fool was to make people upset - but I actually kinda liked some of those ideas!

Also, Seymour was commanded to post that blog against his will, if it upset anyone, feel free to PM GReaper with your concerns!

Status
Not open for further replies.