New Game - MIDAIR

BugsPray

Legions Developer
As I mentioned in the blog:
The development model will stay the same, where proven community contributors who want to be a part of the development team will be brought in to do more work and add more features. If you're interested, find Poponfu or BugsPray in the forums and send us a message.

This could include engine access depending on the member.

Calimo

This is fantastic!

Well.. Not the.. legions ending.. part.. >_>
BUT! the creation of a new FPS+Z game part is! I've been checking this site every now and again for some good news, and I am glad that I found some!
I miss this game very much. Met a lot of.............colorful...........people on here, had a lot of fun with a lot of you...Even if that fun consisted of the vast majority of you kicking my ass.. However, I'm very glad that this community will continue. Good luck!

Armageddon

Teapot
As I mentioned in the blog:
The development model will stay the same, where proven community contributors who want to be a part of the development team will be brought in to do more work and add more features. If you're interested, find Poponfu or BugsPray in the forums and send us a message.

This could include engine access depending on the member.

Thats cool and all, but say i wanna tinker around with the game and end up fixing a few bugs while doing so. Could you push these fixes or do we have to wait for an "approved" member to figure them out? I guess the main question is who takes over this end of the development, since you guys will be busy with "project Z".

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Thats cool and all, but say i wanna tinker around with the game and end up fixing a few bugs while doing so. Could you push these fixes or do we have to wait for an "approved" member to figure them out? I guess the main question is who takes over this end of the development, since you guys will be busy with "project Z".

If suggest you start with a thread for feedback and stuff and then get in touch with myself , Volt , Belb , 3lionz or Xzanth or if you are brave RockeyRex. We can sort it out if its original quality work and seems backed by the community. Projects like that are a good showing to get Dev access. Pretty much every member who has been picked up over the last year started by completing a project first. We are not looking for mappers , however the map competition is going to be a continuous thing from now on.

edit:Also development has not completely ceased. While the guts of the new project are being worked on , not all the devs are involved yet. Engineer is still being re-done without leveling and the such. Also Capture and Control mode is being fixed ( again ).

If there are suddenly more than one or two people completing features and we cant just redname everyone , we can figure something more elaborate out.

moronval

Private Tester
edit:Also development has not completely ceased.

I-IT'S ALRIGHT POPS, WE.... WE ALWAYS KNEW THE YOUNG HATCHLINGS WOULD FLY THE NEST SOMEDAY AND LEAVE US ALONE............. SO VERY ALONE........... YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY IT EASY, WE GET IT.............

just make sure mabol doesn't find a way to bowl party in the new project :mad:

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
...or if you are brave RockeyRex.
tumblr_m1oo4giTXx1qavr40.gif

Royalty

The Aussie
Quick question, just to clarify...
Once 'Z" is released, are their any restrictions that apply to it as a result of licencing etc?
Would we be free to potentially put the game on steam and advertise as we wish?

Royalty

The Aussie
Z does stand for something though, but only those on the inside know. It's a temporary working title, and lets just say that's a good thing.
Can we have another one of Bugspray's mindfuck riddles ? :D
Or does it just simply stand for FPS-Z ?

Also, an answer to my above post would be appreciated.

Application-1

test bester
Quick question, just to clarify...
Once 'Z" is released, are their any restrictions that apply to it as a result of licencing etc?
Would we be free to potentially put the game on steam and advertise as we wish?

It is their game, of course they can distribute it as they want. Also there is no we.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
As Application said, it's our game, our IP - we can do whatever we want with it. That's one of the reasons we chose not to continue down the Legions 2 road.

Karnage

Private Tester
I know this is a difficult question to answer but curiosity demands that I ask it: Is there a projected time frame on this project? How long do you estimate it will take? Too early to say?

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I know this is a difficult question to answer but curiosity demands that I ask it: Is there a projected time frame on this project? How long do you estimate it will take? Too early to say?
Soon™

Jokes aside, I'm both saddened and excited by this announcement. Sad to see many prominent devs leaving active development but excited to see what you can produce. Best of luck in the future.

Mindflayr

I felt this thread deserved a post from me. So um.. now it has it.

You guys rock, Legions was always fun, look forward to what you create next.

Are you guys primarily collaborating online, or is there a physical location ((say NorCal) where Beer can be sent?

Edit: New Member :/