Summer CTF Tournament

SNAKEOPS

This tournament will go down each month, with new winners being declared. It will occur on 1:00 Pm Central, 12:00 PST, 2:00 Pm EST (7pm in UK, for you euros). Teams may change the time if the opposing team they're scheduled with agrees.

(Time may change once school starts, although it most likely will be done on weekends)

Rules are that it must be a minimum of 7 players each team (Captains will decide on how much per team if more than 7). And captains must also decide on the number of games they will play beforehand, (Minimum of 2, and must be an even number), team scores will add up, and the winner will go to the team with the most points.

The reason the number of games must be even is, if a US team is scheduled with a Euro team, half of the game will be done on a US server and the other half on Euro.

For example: Team 1 and team 2 decides to play 2 games, Team 1 wins first game 8-7, Team 1 and 2 tie the second game 7-7, Team 1 wins with the total of 15 points.

Maps will be chosen by the captain who wins the coin toss which will be done by a mediator (Most likely an admin or moderator).

After map is chosen, both teams will have 3 minutes to get ready, and an extra 2 minutes if they call for it. But, it may not exceed 5 minutes total.

There are no rules on tactics deployed by teams in the game, they may have 2 HoFs, 5 snipers, or whatever it may be. Choose your tactics carefully, and good luck.

Please do not post anything other than the team name, and roster. If you have questions, send me a message.

Below, if you have a team and would like to participate, put in the team name, region (US, Euro, Asia), roster (including subs), and captains or people who can be contacted about scheduling a game.

Tournament will start in 7 days, starting on July 1st. 12 days is enough to gather players.

Some people have doubts about this tournament, but I am serious. US Clans are up for this and are getting ready, we need some EUs.

Additional Information about how the tournament will go:

On July 1st, teams will be randomly matched through a random matchmaker which I will post the video of on the day of the tournament. Captains of each team must contact the opposing team's captain and discuss when it will be. Once it is scheduled, both team captains must pm me the time and date, which will be taken as a confirmation. It must be done within the week, meaning it must be scheduled before July 7. In the first week, half of the teams in the competition will most likely lose and be dropped in the tournament. Winning teams will continue into next week. The losing team will have the opportunity to register again next tournament. Both captains or members of their team are responsible of having demos for the match.

Summer Tournament is a go:

Xcution vs ]Drunken Rage[ : Time will be scheduled soon

Team Bufappityhanmanpoiber77hei vs. GOAT : Time will be scheduled soon.

These are the teams in the matchup. The winning teams from both matches will go onto next week and face off! The winner will be declared on the third week! Good luck!

The captains of the teams have been notified to immediately schedule a match with the opposing team, stay tuned!

Teams are locked, but roster may change.

Update: I'm extending the time to July 14th. Here are a couple of reasons:

• A lot of the players in this tournament cannot meet the games for the deadline. And, as much as I want to be strict about it, without the players there are no tournament.
  • We don't have alot of teams, meaning we got more time. e.g. 4 teams are in the tournament, Week 1: 2 pairs of team square off, one pair loses. The other pair goes into next week. Week 2: 1 pair of team squares off, one team wins and is declared the winner. Leaving 2 more weeks into the month.
Not to say, if we DO get the games done before July 14th, we will move on.

Update: After some discussion, I decided to include the losers bracket. The losing teams will also face off to get third place.

SNAKEOPS

Name: Xcution
Region: US
Roster:
Konflict
Snake
Blackcipher
Nero
sweetiebelle
Angel
Cookie (Robot)
Strawhat