Wine/Crossover

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Can anyone see if Legions will work on a mac with Wine or Crossover? It's a little bit better than having to dual boot Windows 7, imo. I would love to try, but I'm not particularly good at such gadgetry.

real_world

So far, I've not been able to get Legions to work on anything other than the dual boot. I've tried both Wine and Crossover to no avail.
However, there's a good chance you could get it running on Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads). I've managed to get the installer running, but when you press play, it throws an error because of Direct 3D and quits.
Because this is an emulator, if it works on the dual boot, it should run on this. So, if you have the patience, you could probably get it running (try looking into how the boot camp software runs graphics card drivers in windows). Also, I was using XP, so you might not have the same problems I did.

Good luck!

SinisterClown

Hey if anyone could offer advice on running it through VirtualBox with a Mac host, I'd be greatly appreciative. I installed DriectX and 3d acceleration is enabled. Is there any way I can get it to run?

SinisterClown

I got Direct3D working now, but I think that it comes down to the Graphics Card the VBox emulates not being good enough to run the game. I got the game working, joined a server, but I couldn't see the map, it was just black. I could see everything but the map (player indicators, HUD (is that what it's called?)) but not the map or the players.