What affects Legions gameplay the most?

prometheus11

Lack of teamwork affects Legion's gameplay the most I would say. But I'm sure I'll get a lot of "duh" replies. Teamwork is what makes Legion's so enjoyable and satisfying. I don't care about narrowly capping the flag myself if I can pass it to a teammate for an easier, less risky capture. That's something that Legion's has that most games don't: satisfaction that is not based on points.

Fixious

Test Lead
Royalty seems to be asking mainly for external aspects. Ping, connection type(wired for best results), mouse (again, wired). A good keyboard could also make a huge difference, as well as general comfort. While Legions isn't really dependant on having good ears, a good headset will allow you to better communicate if you're the TS3 type of guy.

I never really bought into the game pads for mice, but until someone with expertise in the field chimes in I'll withhold judgement.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I never really bought into the game pads for mice, but until someone with expertise in the field chimes in I'll withhold judgement.

Do you just use the desk? That's bad :/ Even a nice simple cheap cloth mat will improve your experience. I've personally always played on cloth and I actually need to buy a new mouse pad.

Fixious

Test Lead
Do you just use the desk? That's bad :/ Even a nice simple cheap cloth mat will improve your experience. I've personally always played on cloth and I actually need to buy a new mouse pad.

No, I use a pad. But there are official game pads for mice, which I never really thought made a considerable difference that made them worth buying.

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
I'd say my legions experience is affected by the music I'm listening to, random teenager hormones, how stupidly my computer is acting, and how relaxed I am.
Skrillex + contentment + 20ish fps + not being tense = ultimate leejunz experience and then all one or two of you die.
Unfortunately, most of that seems to be up to luck ._.

Homingun

I use a blue mouse pad from Frys; got it for like 2 bucks. It's got some sort of nylon weave surface that provides a smooth glide. Only gripe is that its got a rubber bottom that's supposed to keep it unmovable but doesn't work very well.

003.jpg

My old mouse for like 5 years; amazing response and accuracy for the price. Now I use a Razer Abyssus.

jago

I use a blue mouse pad from Frys; got it for like 2 bucks. It's got some sort of nylon weave surface that provides a smooth glide. Only gripe is that its got a rubber bottom that's supposed to keep it unmovable but doesn't work very well.

My old mouse for like 5 years; amazing response and accuracy for the price. Now I use a Razer Abyssus.
whats the Razer like i need to get a mouse instead of playing lap top styleee

Homingun

whats the Razer like i need to get a mouse instead of playing lap top styleee

Razer mice are specifically meant for gaming; so they have great response times and accuracy. But with quality comes price, and I believe the cheapest ones start at 40-50 bucks. Also, Razer mice seem to have a bunch of features that regular mice don't have but you can check that all out on their website. As for which mouse is right for you, apparently a lot of it has to do with grip type, balance, weight, etc. There should be a guide for this on their website as well.

jago

Razer mice are specifically meant for gaming; so they have great response times and accuracy. But with quality comes price, and I believe the cheapest ones start at 40-50 bucks. Also, Razer mice seem to have a bunch of features that regular mice don't have but you can check that all out on their website. As for which mouse is right for you, apparently a lot of it has to do with grip type, balance, weight, etc. There should be a guide for this on their website as well.
thanks

Pffft. Desk gaming is where it's at.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=gigabyte mouse&gs_upl=45417l51364l0l51434l20l16l3l0l0l0l193l1620l2.11l13l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8587538783248641157&sa=X&ei=lRBNTs3UIer30gHb2J3wBg&ved=0CEIQ8gIwAw

My mouse. Got it for NEGATIVE $2. Yea, that's right. It was $16 with a $18 mail in rebate. ;) I really doubt there's a big difference or even a difference at all between playing with or without a mouse pad. It all depends on you desk, however. Same with a mouse, I don't think buying a high-tech gaming mouse would increase my gameplay much more than it being slightly more comfortable.

A good mic and decent headphones are pretty much required for competitive play.