Weapon Feedback

Oops, I deleted sniperbeam 1, so thanks for the quick reply so I can do it the right way. Strange thing though, after deleting the file, I went into the game to try the LR (no one else was playing so I couldn't speak for any damage it did), but it fired normally several times.

Dino

Why don't you guys add the old sniper and the new one into the game. I mean people will be a LOT happier.

The new LR now is just for base camping and shooting the flag carrier, with the old one you could chase and base snipe and duel with it.

But I guess it up to the devs now :confused:

No, the point is that people that practiced the LR for a while and got pretty decent at it, (mid-air shots etc.), got the short end of the stick when it was replaced with a sub-standard version. None of the other weapons were changed so much for the worse. I see Jay & a few others like Kryst & Angel starting to get decent at it again, but I have also noticed that though they are certainly more finely tuned at close combat than myself, I have been able to get the better of them quite often when they are using the LR because the new "charge & release" version leaves the user much more susceptible for damage in close combat than the old model. I've always preferred Outrider for its faster speed but one direct hit with the RL, or just a few rounds from the CG & I'm dust; by the same token, I have to hit a Raider 3 times & a Sentinel 4-5 times to get the better of them (with the RL). So by all means gentlemen, use the new LR. ....by doing so you are evening up the odds for me. Thanks, SuddenDeath-

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I see Jay & a few others like Kryst & Angel starting to get decent at it again, but I have also noticed that though they are certainly more finely tuned at close combat than myself
People are getting good with it again? Whaaaaaaat?! You mean it isn't impossible to use? *sarcasm*
It takes time. Come on now.

And the LR is not meant for close combat, never has been.

Maxter

During IA days, people raged and left because the Sniper Rifle was changed to an insta-hit low-damage Laser Rifle. Now people rage and leave because the Laser Rifle works like the Sniper Rifle. We are cursed I tell you!

Honestly though, I'd love to see the IA Sniper Rifle make a comeback in all it's glory, where a Raider has to sacrifice two weapon slots to make room for it. If only.