Useful Links for Fixing Computers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dabbleh, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Dabbleh

Dabbleh Legions Developer

Just thought I'd share the useful programs that have helped me fix many a computer.
    If not a useful resource for you guys, it is for me. [This website isn't blocked anywhere]

WSUS Offline - Downloads all the Windows Updates on a safe computer
    Windows Defender Boot
    Microsoft Security Essentials / Offline Database - A/V w/ online DB so you can keep on a flash drive
    MBAM / Offline Database - A/V w/ online DB so you can keep on a flash drive
    SUPERAntiSpyware / Offline Database - A/V w/ online DB so you can keep on a flash drive
    NTpasswrd Linux ISO - Clears Windows passwords
    DrWeb ISO - LiveCD Anti-Virus
    YUMI Multiboot USB Creator - for creating USBs with a lot of bootable tools on

Common problems/user contributions:
    Google or other websites performing unexpectedly
    Bleeping Computer - useful utilities (combofix) and fixes

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    L3G10N5 likes this.
  2. Fissurez

Fissurez Puzzlemaster

3. Synista

Synista Member

4. Arch

Arch Legions Developer

MSE is a must have. Meaning if you don't have it, get it.

5. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

google.com

RedInk and Royalty like this.
  6. Fissurez

Fissurez Puzzlemaster

"i'm not going to use something regardless of it's quality, because it doesn't look the way i want it to"

moronval likes this.
  7. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

Dabbleh likes this.
  8. Synista

Synista Member

Yup.

9. Arch

Arch Legions Developer

I don't know about you but if you have to use an anti-malware tool a lot I would say that you're probably doing something wrong.
    [​IMG]

L3G10N5 likes this.
  10. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

When you have a 6 year old clicking on just about everything you tend to pick up a few bugs here and there.

L3G10N5, Bestking, Arch and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sin

Sin Private Tester

I figured this would be a good place to post rather than create a thread, my Norton is expiring in two days, I want your guys' opinions on an anti-virus program. Should I renew my Norton subscription? Or is there a better one out there you guys would recommend?

12. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Haven't heard anything good about Norton. MSE, Avast and AVG are usually praised. I'm currently using Avast and haven't had any issues. MSE was also pretty good. AVG got pretty bloated a while back but I'm hearing good things about it again.

13. Jordahan

Jordahan World Leader of The 21st Century

MSE > *

Had Kaspersky and it really sucks now, used to be good :(

7 Fissurez likes this.
  14. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

Still using AVG myself (the free basic one, not that 'all encompassing' version they try to push on you).

Just make sure to completely uninstall Norton before installing another anti-virus program. They tend to not get along with each other.

15. Arch

Arch Legions Developer

I would get MSE, Malwarebytes, and AVG.

Side note: I lol'd when I typed "Malwarebytes" and saw that the forums gave me the red underline. When I right clicked the word it gave me the word "Bloatwares" to fix it to.

16. Dabbleh

Dabbleh Legions Developer

AVG is bad. Avast is bad. Please, just get MSE. The combination of Malwarebytes and MSE is deadly.

The reason I think AVG and Avast is bad is because of their UI, seriously, why would you want some orange thing in the corner of your screen spinning? MSE just doesn't bother you and is lightweight as *dance*.

T[h]E Dis[as]teR likes this.
  17. MJ1284

MJ1284 Member

18. Severance

Severance Private Tester

19. stefygraff

stefygraff Private Tester

20. k e v i n

k e v i n Private Tester

BUTTTTT, it requires you to have a genuine copy of windows:(