Updated Blade Run with Jumppads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixious

Test Lead
When I read the title I let out a sigh of disappointment, then I read you removed damage and was pleased. Jumpad damage is retarded.

Propkid

Makes sense... hopefully will try out tomorrow at school and might have something to say about it.

poiuyt580

Sorry, but I can see people abusing this for ridiculous cap routes. You shouldn't need something to help you cap.

A2

Nice addition, given the size of the map. And no damage is way better. Should be in gorge as well imo.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Sorry, but I can see people abusing this for ridiculous cap routes. You shouldn't need something to help you cap.

I dunno, being team specific it feels like they're more of a buff to chasers than anything else.

Nice addition, given the size of the map. And no damage is way better. Should be in gorge as well imo.

Y'know, that's not a bad idea, perhaps they'll see more use if there is no damage.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
As Seymour said, the jump pads cannot be used by the opposing team, and the moderate speed boost it gives you is negligible considering you can acquire roughly the same speed with a regular route. Again, to paraphrase Seymour, it really helps chasers, especially when you consider how people llama on this map... *cough NinjaPaladin cough*

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
This would transition into gorge as well, but the focus right now is if it works in Blade Run. Don't let ideas for other maps fuddle with the map at hand. :p

As Seymour said, the jump pads cannot be used by the opposing team, and the moderate speed boost it gives you is negligible considering you can acquire roughly the same speed with a regular route. Again, to paraphrase Seymour, it really helps chasers, especially when you consider how people llama on this map... *cough NinjaPaladin cough*
This is essentially the test I am doing here, since cappers would reach near equal speeds on side routes using the pads. Front routes are accelerated a tad but if you don't spawn near the jumppads you waste time setting up, especially if you spawn in the far forward areas.

Aki

Having played this version most of the day, I say that I like it. It made setting up cap routes to the sides a little quicker, which is nice on this map cause of its size. It'll make games go quicker, so when the inevitable map bitch comes around we're not all miserable for as long. It also was a nice buff for chasers (though HoF don't seem to be able to catch me if I get the drop on em with enough speed: they just can't get to the pad quickly enough). I recommend that at least one chaser sits by a pad at all times, if people didn't already figure that out.

If ever there's time, it'd be nice if the terrain were run over with a fine tooth comb. There are a lot of random spots around the map and bases where you just randomly stop, taking no collision damage. I mean a lot. Kind of annoying.

I've always liked this map, and I think the jump pads are an improvement.

Fixious

Test Lead
It makes catching up to chasers much easier, even for someone like me.

susan-boyle-thumbs-up1.jpg

poiuyt580

fine. you win.

Royalty

The Aussie
I dunno, being team specific it feels like they're more of a buff to chasers than anything else.

Y'know, that's not a bad idea, perhaps they'll see more use if there is no damage.
They will see more use if the no damage factor is implemented. Trust

Vinzyboy23

I like the new version of the map. This is the second old map that has been updated. I wish the no damage thingy in jump pads would have been on Gorge.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Its fun, though Blade Run was already a fast map, I can average over 100 m/s on that map no problem and I'm usually hard pressed to go that fast. Its also nice to not have the damage on that map because there are way more fall hazards. On a jump pad route between bases on Gorge, there isn't so much of a fall damage hazard, so the damage from the jump pads is better there.

yami

Private Tester
i haven't played with the no damage jump pads yet but i wanted to address what people have been saying about jumppads in general. i definitely don't agree that they shouldn't cause damage. considering most chasers are already damaging the heck out of themselves in the pursuit of instant speed by using hand nade jumps and/or rocket jumps, the jump pads deliver apretty good speed boost for a low amount of health lost. that being said, i wouldn't mind compromising with the people that think it should do no damage by maybe scaling it down to about 75% of the damage it does now.

regardless of damage vs no damage, the real important thing about the jump pads is their positioning on the base. i don't know where they were put on blade run, but on gorge i think they could be in better spots. i rarely see people using them, and i think if some more thought was put into placing them in more convenient places relative to the spawn points and where people on defense normally hang out, they could become a much more important asset of the base.

anyhow, 0 damage speed boost=bad. legions is all about investing something for the pursuit of speed, be it health or time, and you can't just go handing out free lunches

Status
Not open for further replies.