Unlocking Legions - Upcoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

Legions Developer
Map makers! Come out from under your moss ridden rocks. This is your time to shine!

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
something that just crossed my mind just now..

I'm not sure if the game at it current state automatically downloads anything server side... serverside is typically custom maps, or anything that changes art is potentially serverside. The server would require a download to recieve the artwork and if you don't you will crash everytime.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] I'm not sure if the game at it current state automatically downloads anything server side... [...]
[...] Just remember that getting other people to play client side maps will require them to download them - meaning you'll be asking them to start modifying their installation of Legions, which means our support if there's any problems ends there. If you can modify your installation, you can debug it yourself.

Dimitryy

sounds great :) but couldn't you keep the accounts at the official server with auto login by ip or something like that?
i like the community, i like to play with players that i know and i want to know which player is which player.
if everyone can be everyone the gameplay wont work anymore ... just imagen if you, for example, need a flagpass and you see pullute, you know that he is freaking-good and will catch the flag for sure because he got a good flagawareness etc. but he isnt even looking or reacting and than starts to teamkill you and spams around ... because its ronshytheking ! and on the next server the real pullute joins the game and nobody will pass to him ... or some people will teamkill him back because they thing he is a teamkiller .... the game would work for me anymore (except pugs that we do not have) yey

Disci

Old man
Many other(older) games work fine without accounts. It's about respect, but I'm afraid you're right. Legions community is just incredible that way.

Dimitryy

yep, we got some retards who cant play with their own identitys. maybe it works but i dont like the thought that someone uses my name so that i would have to take a other one... and also the point above in my last post (which is the main point against a "no account anymore" system, imo). maybe we should try it out and save the account database and tags and so on to get it back if it isnt working the way it should

Vox

Explain how the nicknames won't be protected?
if this means more people can smurf... *looks at shaska*

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Go have a look at T1, SpArT. Just like that. No accounts, no central authentication system. Enter a name, enter a server, done. IP logging is definitely possible though, and as far as I know, there are (or at least have been) several popular servers that did just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.