Download Ultra Explosions

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
im dead sexy... look at my sexy boooodyyyy... oh yeaahh:p
ok for those who don't understand what this is... basically I have given you a database of various textures... all you need to do is apply them to whatever you want them to be used for... for rocket use explosion01.dds... its fairly simple just rename the file according to corasponding file name.... it won't work if you don't name the file to replace the original.

heres what names you can use these files for in the following folder Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes\particles
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rocket Explosion
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
explosion01.dds - inner texture
smoke06.dds - outer texture
grenade Explosion/PineApple
flare.dds - inner large texture
explosion02.dds - inner texture
smoke06.dds - outer texture
Player Death Explosion
explosion03.dds
smoke06.dds - depends on type of death
Other files
flame01.dds - flames on spread cluster trails
flagHaloBlue.dds - friendly flag halo (Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes/props/flag)
flagHaloRed.dds - enemy flag halo (Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes/props/flag)
corona.dds - sun inner(Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\lighting)
corona08.dds - sun outer(Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\lighting)
works for weapon muzzle flashes as well but you have to edit the files both the regular layer and alpha layer and turn the brightness down about 90 percent to achieve the best effects.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
ok once again lol... i had to go through each individual one 3 times cause the converted is buggy... oh well got it this time

Vox

you should make some flag halos :)
i dont have gimp or photoshop so i cant make them
eek.png

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
flag halos actaully would be better in illustrator because of the size of the halo effect... I'll run couple tests to see what the limits are. currently its two images one smaller then the other going opposite directions so it makes it difficult to make any skin that doesnt get to chaotic looking.

unless they figure a way to allow new dts models

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
the rocket explosion is in a ring pattern of the same texture its very small yet subtle looking. i wish i could edit the explosion box but I can't thats the way they made the explosion.

if you are having trouble seeing the texture its probably because you have the smoke06.dds edited as well and depending on what you put there alters the explosion as well. if you rocket hits concrete it uses the flame file as well... depends on what you hit... you have to hit everything and play around for few minutes to get an idea how the explosions behave.

datablock ParticleData(RocketConcreteDustParticle)
{
textureName = "~/data/shapes/particles/flame01.dds";//DXT5
dragCoeffiecient = 0.0;
gravityCoefficient = -0.1;
inheritedVelFactor = 0.0;
constantAcceleration = 0.0;
lifetimeMS = 1400;
lifetimeVarianceMS = 400;
useInvAlpha = true;
spinRandomMin = -180.0;
spinRandomMax = 180.0;
colors[0] = "1.0 0.9 0.8 0.2";
colors[1] = "0.8 0.75 0.7 0.5";
colors[2] = "0.8 0.8 0.8 0.0";
sizes[0] = 5.0;
sizes[1] = 15.0;
sizes[2] = 18.0;
times[0] = 0.0;
times[1] = 0.35;
times[2] = 1.0;
};

Frost

Gave the smoke a nice blue color but other then that the textures I used didn't show up well on explosions. At least, not from what I could see.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
the player death explosion shows up ok but again it uses multiple textures including smoke06.dds

so it depends on what you use and the combination... bash the dev team about it :p

i tried talking to them about it they just ignore me. Even when i say i could more then likely can fix it.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
yeah i know what you mean... its really lame what your limited too... if this were tribes these explosions would own..

im digging into the data right now its pretty insane because its just particle generator built into the game... so basically your only customizing the particles and not the whole explosion. Even the color is being controled by the engine (somewhat).