Download Ultra Explosions

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
ill put it up on dropbox for those wanting it.. though its rather useless because of the way legions shares all the textures.

all new explosions don't.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
theres a pack i had that was more broad on particles... going need to fix it up cause theres roughly 100 megs of data.. so just stay tunned

Wonder who this is :rolleyes:

Came back because I'm nearly 100% sure I have a fully-working Mac port for L:O. Just a few kinks to hammer out (if possible) concerning selective use. Has to be Lion OS X, Dx11, Nvidia GeForce 9400m or higher, 4 gigs of ram, and I can't create a permanent bottle, which means that you'd have to dl WS yourself and create the bottle on your own time (but you won't have to do it every time you like to play; just can't transfer from computer to computer via download). Wineskin is rather fickle when it comes to full-game ports.

I used to shy away from any other downloading site other than Mediafire, but DB allows for one-click downloading with no extra tabs/windows :: faster download in general.

The link is broken. Apparently the file is corrupt or was deleted from the MedFi database. Alternative link please?

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
the issue is the explosions don't come out at well at all.. its the way the engine works with particles. This is why I re-directed this post to the new thread with explosion textures that will work, you will need to still come up with your own by using various combinations. All you have to do is find the texture you want and rename it to the existing texture. I'm very surprised that no one hasn't figured out how to do this yet, and its right in front of them.

for instance if you look in data\shapes\weapons\plasma\particles and you replace the plas_smoke, plas_cloud, plas_flash, and plas_blast with r_glow, r_blast2, part_flamer2 from the particle pack, you will find that the plasma explosion becomes a firey plasma explosion.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, if Seymour sees PWA online, I'll be sure to link him to this thread.

PWA's internet access is a bit iffy, he's currently living in a van down by the river and it's about a 10 minute drive to the nearest free Wifi spot (a Mcdonald's iirc). Seymour doesn't recommend getting into contact with PWA yourself (Seymour's trained to handle these situations) and under no circumstances is it recommended to meet him in person.