Tips For Newcomers

MJ1284

Oh and learn this well, you'll need it:
demotivational-posters-mph1.jpg

Adjust mouse speed to lower numbers for higher accuracy (that is if you don't care about capping all that much). You don't want your mouse jumping all over the place but to be smooth.
Um stay on ground when people chain. Only llama when you want to be pubstar. Spam voice commands to show how cool you are.
Drink soda at your computer to give you that competitive edge (and + obesity points). If there's anything else I can offer with my
wisdom that knows no depths or heights it is this: If it doesn't work the first time, don't do it again.

Propkid

Adjust mouse speed to lower numbers for higher accuracy (that is if you don't care about capping all that much). You don't want your mouse jumping all over the place but to be smooth.
Um stay on ground when people chain. Only llama when you want to be pubstar. Spam voice commands to show how cool you are.
Drink soda at your computer to give you that competitive edge (and + obesity points). If there's anything else I can offer with my
wisdom that knows no depths or heights it is this: If it doesn't work the first time, don't do it again.
Don't listen to that :D
If you're an Euro player I'll be happy to school you a bit. I do it a lot so I think since you say that you know the game it won't take much for you to improve (just look at Vertex ;p)

Sin

Private Tester
Ask the players in pubs with higher scores to teach you. Also, eat dem wheaties and drink dat milk, you gotta be a strong person to work the controls as fast as it sometimes takes :D

anak

VIP
how to be a positive addition to pubs:

1) Don't play sentinel. Just don't. Please.
2) Use Nighthawk's Llamaing rules whenever you're in the enemy base.
3) If you end up having to llama, don't throw the *dancing* flag out of the base 2 seconds later, it's irritating and blatantly ineffectual.
4) if you fail a cap route, stay in the enemy base and distract their defense for your allies - focus on anyone breaking rule #1
5) midairing incoming cappers before they touch down is just rude.
6) if you think you might be darksent in one of his myriad of smurf accounts, do not leave your base. just snipe or something.

Allahrules2

how to be a positive addition to pubs:
5) midairing incoming cappers before they touch down is just rude.
6) if you think you might be darksent in one of his myriad of smurf accounts, do not leave your base. just snipe or something.
What is darksent myraid or smurf, don't forget these are supposed to be tips for newcomers.

Why would ma'ing a capper before they touch down be rude?

Sometimes you get people with no concept of what would be rude who decide they need to practice MA's, and so decide they'll do it by shooting their own team, as they're less likely to shoot back (immediately, anyway).
Do not do this. (unless you're duelling, and both you and the person you're shooting have agreed you're doing this.)

It just ends in pain for everyone.

tiffany2lou

I've played this game for a few years now. But.. I haven't in a while. I just reinstalled it for the first time since Feb. Would this thread still be for me? ;D

MightySheep

I just noticed something interest which I guess fits in this thread as a 'tip'

often, as the enemy is comnig into base with your flag, you need to ninja their flag and throw it it away or you just need to pass it etc

normally what I've done is pick up flag, hold q, throw after full charge

what I've noticed you can do instead is just hold q without flag (theres no progress bar but it is still working) and then the second you got flag let go for full throw

RiPTaCk

I just noticed something interest which I guess fits in this thread as a 'tip'

often, as the enemy is comnig into base with your flag, you need to ninja their flag and throw it it away or you just need to pass it etc

normally what I've done is pick up flag, hold q, throw after full charge

what I've noticed you can do instead is just hold q without flag (theres no progress bar but it is still working) and then the second you got flag let go for full throw
Or you can just use the max throw key.