Tips For Newcomers

Allahrules2

Truth be told when it comes to Legions I'm a bit of a nub, I am familiar with the game but I'm not good at it ;(. I am good at halo but halo and legions are just different things, but during the course of the time I spent playing halo I figured out a few tricks/strategies/ideas that have been helpful for kicking of my opponents ass. I was just hoping to see if you guys could contribute all your tips and tricks you have accumulated over the course of your legions lifetime. I hope this to be a resource for all newcomers to use to get better at the game. If we have more better players then we have more fun don't forget. So feel free to dump all of your Legions experience in this thread and be helpful to all us nubs. If you find a person who is nubbish in game refer him to this thread so he may obtain all of our communities years of experience. More people good at the game = more fun.

New idea: Lets also make this a place for the newcomers to ask questions about gameplay.

Immanent

Go over 100 m/s so your chaingun doesn't over heat at all (which means that there is no spread on your chaingun bullets, therefore more accuracy).
In sentinel, OD and respawn into your opponent, which deals damage (good for a last resort).
If your opponent is chaining you, try to stay near to the ground, and fly up as soon as they change weapons.

Allahrules2

thanks a lot you guys! Waiting for the rest of the community

I got to ask what is all the hate on the llamaing what is wrong with that sure its better to do it fast but i have managed to cap a lot of times llamaing y the hate?

GROUCH

I got to ask what is all the hate on the llamaing what is wrong with that sure its better to do it fast but i have managed to cap a lot of times llamaing y the hate?

People get mad when someone llama's because you took the flag that a capper could of easily of gotten and could of return to base easily... and chances are when you llama you are goin to die.

Immanent

Because people are also trying to cap as well, and they find it extremely annoying when somebody who didn't spend time on their route to half heartedly grab the flag with little to no speed, and get killed very shortly.
In short, never do it, unless the other team is about to cap.

MJ1284

What Disci means is that you should look closely how people ski on those videos and try to mimic their behaviour. Basically it's all about skiing/gliding downhill & jetting up in air and landing so that you'll hit downslope leading forward, that way you'll gather speed and maintain it. Hard to explain in detail but rather easy to do once you figure out how physics work in Legions.

There's a good time to llama and a bad time. Most of the time, it's a bad time.

Good times: When the enemy capper has the flag and is about to score, you can llama to prevent it. This is called an e-grab (emergency grab). Good players will use the quick chat ["Get the enemy flag!"] when situations like these occur. If you hear that, grab the enemy flag!

Another good time to llama is when there are no cappers out on routes and the defense is not near, close to dying, or they are distracted. You have to be really careful to do this though.

Bad times: Pretty much every other time not mentioned.

Here's a big post I did a while back about llama'ing, talking about times when it's good to, and times when not to.

Look Before You Llama!: A Legions:OD Awareness Campaign

I do wish it would get more of a mention :p

27 Likes & 1000+ views not good enough for you? That's half the community right there for christ sake!
But it constantly resigns itself to page 4, and lots of newbies still don't know about it. (Though I suspect the latter has more to do with them not bothering to go on the forums unless their game is broken)

Allahrules2

But it constantly resigns itself to page 4, and lots of newbies still don't know about it. (Though I suspect the latter has more to do with them not bothering to go on the forums unless their game is broken)
Thanks a lot bro, Looking for more contributin to this thread

Allahrules2

I got another question. Now I am getting better at skiing, just have to work on my energy efficiency. My speed is good but I cant keep it up. The flag is almost always on a high place so you have to fly to get there, problem with flying you lose speed, I could be going at +100m/s but to get to the flag stand I end up losing a lot of speed. How would I rectify this.

Disci

Old man
Basicly just practising few different routes which seem to work for you the most and keep doing it till you can do them blindfolded. There is no shortcuts really. Practising a lot and after a while you get those "OH!" moments.

Allahrules2

Basicly just practising few different routes which seem to work for you the most and keep doing it till you can do them blindfolded. There is no shortcuts really. Practising a lot and after a while you get those "OH!" moments.
Will do thanks a lot. Can anybody else add their "OH!" moments