Thoughts On Stygian and or Fallout

MJ1284

Fallout feels more or less same size as Frostbyte, I'd go with same settings on both maps.

Oh and if you could make Sleepwalker more like Canyon Crusade that'd be sweet (for CTF atleast).

RisingSun

Private Tester
Sleepwalker would be cool as CTF map. The hills on the outskirts of the map kinda forshadows what it could be. 0r like arena if you make it a canyon type deal. Either way it doesnt matter.

Disci

Old man
Not everyone has fast grabs and routes. :mad:

Well it's about time to go out there and learn them. If you stick with no brain front OD *chocolate cookies* routes, you are a burden to your own team. Learning routes isn't even hard. It requires that you pay some time to run around map. Just ski and look for the best way to gain more speed and always aim at enemy stand in the end. Run the same route again, but look for better slopes where to land and then try to perfect the route.

Eventually you will have a nice fast route which you can remember each time you play that map. It takes max 5 mins to find one good route on Fallout and practise it. Sometimes the return route will work as a nice route for the other side so when you are learning one route you're actually practising 2 routes.

Disci

Old man
Actually, Fallout has the same size terrain as Blade Run, Mirage, Forgotten, and Zenith. Frostbyte and Stygian are half the size of those maps.

The the speed you can archive in short periord of time makes the map feel smaller than it is.

Homingun

My thoughts on Stygian:
-The flag stand seems too restrictive in terms of directions and angles from which cappers can grab. It's very easy for hofs & defense to block cappers when they only have to look in two directions.
-It seems to be extremely llama friendly. Llama and jump off for insta-speed.
-In reality, being able to do front routes creates a lot of clutch and fun moments. The 2 most played maps in pick-ups (frost and zenith) depend heavily on front-routes.
-I don't mind the unique terrain. I think if the flag stand was to open up more, it won't be as much of an issue.

Disci

Old man
My thoughts on Stygian:
-The flag stand seems too restrictive in terms of directions and angles from which cappers can grab. It's very easy for hofs & defense to block cappers when they only have to look in two directions.
-Being able to do front routes creates a lot of clutch and fun moments in reality. The 2 most played maps in pick-ups (frost and zenith) depend heavily on front-routes.
-I don't mind the unique terrain. I think if the flag stand was to open up more, it won't be as much of an issue.

1. puts more value on clearing the stand I guess?

2. so can D

3. fronts still being used, people are dumb enough to OD flag without any reason when there are so much faster ways to grab on Stygian that it's pretty ridiculous. Also Zenith and Frost are bad maps, but are played cos there are(was) nothing better. Not saying Stygian and Fallout are better because I haven't played them in PUGs just yet, but atleast they are different from the maps that we had before and I already like them more than any other map on the list.

4. remember that there will be things coming to Legions which will change the gameplay dramaticaly. I guess you know them better than rest of us because of the PT status you have. Atleast I hope they will or Legions will be more dead than it is now in no time.

Libra

stygian: is perfect learn to adapt

fallout: is great like i said before adapt to the landscape

i personally think practice makes things run smoother go out on an empty game slot of stygian/fallout and practice possible routes

MJ1284

Actually, Fallout has the same size terrain as Blade Run, Mirage, Forgotten, and Zenith. Frostbyte and Stygian are half the size of those maps.
Huh, didn't realize that. Then again I've played Fallout only two times. But bases are definitely closer to each other than in Blade Run.

My thoughts on Stygian:
-In reality, being able to do front routes creates a lot of clutch and fun moments. The 2 most played maps in pick-ups (frost and zenith) depend heavily on front-routes.
1. As Disci said, it just needs more offense to clear out the stand. Small tunnel makes it easy for defense to BB, sure, but it also makes them easy to hit with splash damage.
2. I agree, definitely needs some tweaking.
3. Forgotten & Core are also front route reliant maps, while it's technically possible to do side routes 85% of players will spam mindless front OD route. Difference is, while Frost & Zenith have good front approach routes front return routes are quite poor due to map design (which is good thing). Front route != always a good thing.
4. If it would be on open terrain atleast remove the bowl right next to stand, otherwise it would be too llama friendly map (*cough* Moonshine *cough cough*)

Royalty

The Aussie
Stygian: Flag stand is in the wrong place. I have already invented 3 side routes, but the flag stand is way too easy to defend....
I suggested putting the flag on a platform out the front of both bases, much like the flag stands in Faloout.

Fallout: Turtling issues.

phanakapan

Private Tester
capping on stygian is relatively easy if you have one LO or another capper...basically any other offense can hand nade and splash with rockets or nade launcher for a few seconds and clear the stand, or two cappers from opposite sides. you can also toss a hand nade and shoot a rocket to clear for yourself while capping. i was just playing against a sniper two LD and a HoF and had two people playing LO and while i didn't grab 100% of the time, i did grab the majority of the time, and every time i grabbed i made it home. the hills hide your approach up until the last minute if you're running good routes as well.

Disci

Old man
Experience I have about Stygian so far makes me agree what phanny is saying. Also I wanna say that big bowl next to the base allowes D to gain enough speed to catch capper with high speed rather easily before he reaches his own base. Look up gren jump ftw.

Disci

Old man
Stygian: Flag stand is in the wrong place. I have already invented 3 side routes, but the flag stand is way too easy to defend....
I suggested putting the flag on a platform out the front of both bases, much like the flag stands in Faloout.

Fallout: Turtling issues.

1. Inaccurate. Countering good D requires good O. Atm hills next to the stand allowes LO's to spam the stand quite effectively and you can run pretty sneaky high speed sideroutes.

2. Haven't seen turtling much and all those occasions someone cared to turtle it wasn't much of an issue.

DOS4/GW

I love pretty much everything about the new maps. They look great, but more importantly, they make you play quite a bit differently than you would on most Legions maps.

That said, I can't help but feel that the bases make things a bit too easy on LO, especially on Fallout; there are just too many places you can hide, and you can get to them quickly. I can actually do HO on Fallout quite successfully, something that I can't say about all other maps. Perhaps this will be less of a problem once deployable sensors or turrets show up.