The Great Heavy Capping Thread

prometheus11

The only kind of "griefing" that really is stupid is continuous team killing. Sometimes team killing is necessary. For example, I was playing CTF with JickerJacker on the same team (I think that's his/her name?) who held the flag just a little away from our (returned) flag but would not capture (like, obviously knew our flag was there but was just hopping around not capturing). So what'd I do? Killed him, took the flag, and captured. Team killing is not *always* bad. Team killing out of defense against team killing?

But honestly... what does team killing, "bad mannered behaviour," and "other kinds of griefing" have to do with heavy capping?

There's nothing wrong with heavy capping. I've actually found it to be extremely fair. Sure the sentinel has iOD but it requires health. Unless the sent capper is going to go straight from base to base (requiring no turning) health will go down. And generally straight base to base doesn't have a good route which requires the sent to use iOD to get to hills. An exception may be Fallout, I haven't tried HCing in Fallout. That being said... I've found that I have very little health once I get back to my base (maybe I'm not skilled enough at HCing yet though). This means that not only do chasers have ample opportunity while I'm in transit but also once I get to my base and am vulnerable.

HCing is not skill-less any more than Outrider capping is skill-less. Heck I'd say HCing is harder (again, this may be due to my low skill with the sentinel).

I don't see anything wrong with HCing. I've been on both sides of it and it seems pretty fair to me.

Disci

Old man
But honestly... what does team killing, "bad mannered behaviour," and "other kinds of griefing" have to do with heavy capping?

It doesn't. Better question is, why Abandoned wants to pull quotes from another threads and throw them in here making a fool, once again, out of himself.

MJ1284

Disci is just bitter for not having Seymour's chest hair nor that "primal baldie charm" of his, cut him some slack.