Stygian complain!

ocarina_boy

It's just the overall feel of the map. It's ugly. The routes are limited to left or right, coz of odd flag placement within a goddamn fortified shipping container, you'd need a team of welders to get in there, the slopes are awkward to ski on, the redundant back passages behind the bases..and anyone who falls down from their base container up top...just respawn it's alot faster.

Disci

Old man
Routes limited to left or right? You do remember one of the greatest Tribes 1 maps which was also made for T2 and I think for T:V too, Dangerous Crossing? Wonder how *chocolate cookies* that map was because it had generaly only left and right routes. I don't agree, that terrain is awkward to ski. Look the capping vids thread, there are few caproutes vids for Stygian and they are all good routes.

All the Legions maps are ugly like hell. You're allowed to change the textures, so if you don't like them, then change them.

A team of welders to get in there? Sorry if I sound harsh, but are you *dancing* new to this game or what?

Armageddon

Teapot
ocarina has some validity in his post, the routes are all left/right with one back route that tends to drain alot of health and because of this most people dislike the map so much so that they drop when it cycles on.
DX was a good tribes map but tribes has a different pace and the maps terrain wise are a bit different, there are times when i start a route and seems to be going well then i hit a really sharp down slope and thats the end of that route, so i agree on that the terrain is a bit too akward. The bases i always hated so thats nothing new from me, besides not making sense(Oh hey look a train car on a covered bridge on the side of a mountain with no track leading to or from it-seems legit) they become really cramped with 3 Sents hanging around and with some spawn points inside the train car it usually gets really messy. I'd like to see a platform come straight out from the mountain with no cover but then it'll be like playing Fallout so im not sure whats the best solution on that.
The problem despite anyones opinion is that Stygian makes players leave in most cases for whatever reason and thats a problem for the game.

Disci

Old man
Already forgot this even though I find it really interesting debate.
ocarina has some validity in his post, the routes are all left/right with one back route that tends to drain alot of health and because of this most people dislike the map so much so that they drop when it cycles on.
We all know what Legions players like. It's straight forward OD routes without really paying much attention on movement. Atleast this is how it feels like since most popular maps are *dancing* easy to ski and therefore very boring in my opinion.
DX was a good tribes map but tribes has a different pace and the maps terrain wise are a bit different, there are times when i start a route and seems to be going well then i hit a really sharp down slope and thats the end of that route, so i agree on that the terrain is a bit too akward.
Same pace imo, it doesn't really differ from DX. Route running is the same with DX too. You just need to know the map if you wanna ski smoothly and capping vs good defenders required smooth skiing and great speed and ninja routes.
The bases i always hated so thats nothing new from me, besides not making sense(Oh hey look a train car on a covered bridge on the side of a mountain with no track leading to or from it-seems legit) they become really cramped with 3 Sents hanging around and with some spawn points inside the train car it usually gets really messy.
Like base would actually make the map worse. It would be really bad if the flag would be inside the mine and not in the middle of the cart. Now it's just something which screams custom loadouts and base assets, which I think they had in mind when they were making the map. 3 sents inside the cart is the same as having 3 HoF's in DX base. Effective vs single cappers, *dancing* dumb vs HO.
I'd like to see a platform come straight out from the mountain with no cover but then it'll be like playing Fallout so im not sure whats the best solution on that.
The problem despite anyones opinion is that Stygian makes players leave in most cases for whatever reason and thats a problem for the game.
Dunno. Every Legions map has open flag stand. Do you want more of that *chocolate cookies*? I strongly think Stygian is hated by people who don't care to learn a way to play it since it really requires a slightly different way of thinking. People are pissed off because they now need to learn how to move instead of closing their eyes for 5 secs and still be able to effectively ski from base to base. I've seen complains about llamas which I find really hilarious and just have to think, what the *dance* have been people doing all these years if they are able to get away from the chasers. The map is so easy to chase that I kinda think that it's the only downside of the whole map.

WhiteHawk

How can u hate on this map...I love this map and I came up with most of the routes....and new ones yet to share ;) but this map is great to me and. Omg stop cumplaining pioeple worked hard on makeing that map for us.....and also u should learn how to. Llama the freaking flag....good piece of advice one of ur team mates get the flag and dies with the flag while team chases him and they return the flag then u go get the enemy flag right before they respond and then u have more time to get to ur base.....which should take like 5 secounds.....

stefygraff

Private Tester
this thread was not about the map itself, it was about the *danced* rotation that it had!

j
blackhat-Thread-Crap-Die.jpg

WhiteHawk

Not sure if kasityolainen...
Also, make a video. Share your routes. You nothing but big talks atm so prove your skills!
Oh I will make vieedo ill have it ready for you guys by Tuesday....cause I have to work this weekend....and also today just and fyi I was owning all and caping while lanthus and 3 other players were chasing me and had top score :) ill post vid asp