Srs Question: Why are Macs bad?

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
An awesome trackpad, and awesome battery life, a quiet computer, a nice looking computer, and clean system, a warranty you don't have to buy, easy customization, and ways to easily navigate through a computer without being a pro. That's probably what people aren't taking into account right here.

My 2009 HP Pavilion could do that.

PC users unite!

Strife

2460653070_30156c33e4.jpg

DKnight556

Windows has way more open source software support on the internet. Macs have trouble finding games and software on the web. ( not biased my friend tried to use a mac for a year and ended up selling it). Take legions for example. You have to do a workaround just to play

57thRomance

Take legions for example. You have to do a workaround just to play
Well I guess it's just a temporary thing right now. If FE:L was Mac compatible, then L:O should be as well. We just need a programmer on the development team to work on an OS X build while the other developers work on improving the game itself. That, however, is a job for another time...

Metreon

Well I guess it's just a temporary thing right now. If FE:L was Mac compatible, then L:O should be as well. We just need a programmer on the development team to work on an OS X build while the other developers work on improving the game itself. That, however, is a job for another time...

The engine works in both Mac AND Linux, and porting the actual game is not an immense challenge, just time-consuming. The real challenge is porting the launcher, updater, and menu system, which are are essential, and whose functionality is difficult to replicate as these platforms handle that stuff differently. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong, this is just a guess and the cloud is not my forte) is that the browser-based nature of IA's launcher is how they got around the problem.

Macs are good. They are elegant, simple to use, and do what they do very well. At a price, which is... the price. Oh, and the lack of versitility, which I can't live with. I need my programs to work.

(Hate to say this, but they are fantastic for the old and stupid though.)

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
Srs Answer: Because I said so

EDIT: Also the picture of the lecture hall where everyone has a mac? I picked up journalism as an elective last semester - I don't have a smart phone, didn't use Twitter, and my laptop lacked any sort of apple motif - in a hall with 200 other people there where maybe six people like me.