Download Sniper Scope

Arch

Legions Developer
Quick little mod I whipped up in a few minutes. Pretty much just places a semi-transparent black fill around the sniper crosshair. The picture below explains it better than I can in words.

qo5GeM6r

The black does fill the rest of the screen. I just cropped out the middle section. The "scope" (?) itself is just a 5000x5000 px image, so it will not re-size to your screen. You can go in and change the image all you want, just take note that if you change the dimensions you will also want to change the dimensions in the script, meaning going in and changing the extent of this element to match the dimensions of the new image.

Code:
new GuiBitmapCtrl(SniperScope)
        {
            bitmap = "mods/autoexec/SniperScope/sniperScope";
            profile = "GuiTransparentProfile";
            horizSizing = "center";
            vertSizing = "center";
            extent = "5000 5000";
        };

V2 Update
  • Hides the default crosshair when zooming in.
  • Changed the image to look more like a sniper scope.
  • Little text notification to show what zoom level you are on.
Download
V1
V2

Place the contents in live/mods/autoexec.

Fixious

Test Lead
I like! Crashed the client the first time I tried using it, but appears to work fine now. Might mess with adding some faint lines as well.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The only problem is that it requires getting the position of them when the IFF pops up on them. Unfortunately, that doesn't update if you keep it trained on the same person which is odd because health does update. I should really look into that so I could get it to look better.

Arch

Legions Developer
Thanks for making this Arch, since finding this back in April I haven't changed back! I adjusted the opacity and size for 1680*1050 and now its perfect for me.

What I see -> http://i.imgur.com/F4tfF.jpg
You shouldn't need to change anything for the resolution. The image is 5000 x 5000 px, and it should automatically be centered in the screen and ready to go.

Ares

Previously I used 800x600, however, owing to the size of the crosshair at that resolution I changed to native.

Was any progress made with the range-finder addon btw? That would be another useful touch.

Arch

Legions Developer
Do you have all the files in the zip in your live/mods/autoexec folder? Including the folder.