Should I go for it?

57thEnryu

so this new girl started working in our store and shes super hot. All my co-workers (except one who says shes off limits) are like, you should go for it. But she's still in high school, and I'm a few years out. If she wasn't in high school I'd be all over her. I know I must be crazy to ask your guys advice, but what you think?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Get to know her first perhaps? Then decide. I mean, my girlfriend and I had been friends for a few years and became really good friends the year before we started dating and IMHO, it's really helped our relationship that we had that first. I'm not saying you ought to wait three-four years first obviously, but if you don't know her terribly well, you may want to focus on that first.

57thRomance

Get to know her first perhaps? Then decide. I mean, my girlfriend and I had been friends for a few years and became really good friends the year before we started dating and IMHO, it's really helped our relationship that we had that first. I'm not saying you ought to wait three-four years first obviously, but if you don't know her terribly well, you may want to focus on that first.
^this

Vox

Well if she's a senior, go for it. just get closer to her by talking to her ect.
Junior or lower, become friends then when she gets a little older go for it.

yami

Private Tester
i don't really know how much more you can get to know her in the setting you are in. im assuming you guys are employees in some sort of retail store? i mean i really don't know your situation but i feel like there's a limit of how much you could get to know someone via small talk in the stock room and you would reach that limit within a couple of weeks. i mean even if it some other type of store i think you still get my point. what you really need to do is spend time with her outside of the work setting, even if it's with a group. the old "let's all go get a drink after work" isn't going to work due to her age, and i doubt you are gonna bump into her at any high school parties, so i think a lunch is your best option right now. i know people say the lunch date is a one way ticket to the friend zone but i think the rules change a bit when courting a coworker. you could keep it really casual by just saying "hey i was gonna go to .......... for lunch do you wanna come with?" and then if lunch seems to be going well you show her that you are a boss by picking up the tab and then ask her out on a real date shortly after that.

unfortunately, you kind of have time working against you because i feel like most girls don't want to get in a relationship the summer before they go off to college. also, a lot of high school girls actually think it's a lot cooler to date a guy who's got a few years on them so you should definitely make your move as soon as possible

First step get to know her see if it's worth it looks can be deceiving
see if it's worth what?? he's not signing his soul over to this girl he's just wondering whether or not to ask her on a date. i agree that looks aren't everything but that's usually how relationships work, they start off with purely physical attraction and then decide if you actually like the person via dates