Download [Server Mod] TrU PhX

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Pronunciation: Due to the fact that I apparently fail at phonetic things, the mod should be pronounced True Physics, not whatever else you people may come up with.

Introduction:
This was a quick mod I set up. It makes all projectiles inherit 100% of your velocity. Yes, it screws with your head like none other. Trust me... I also made CG bullets affected by gravity, slowed them down, and sped up the Skybolt (isn't it basically some sort of railgun anyways?).

Anyways, here's the quick little mod I did:

Download

Installation:
For the sake of consistency, I've put the affected files in the directory as you would be used to them for client mods.

Standardization:
Also, if I may, I'd like to suggest that from here on those of us that will be modding please put [Server Mod], [Client Mod], or [Full Mod] on their publications so that the rest of us can tell what it is we're looking at. SM's would be for things like this that have no impact on the way that the client must act. Client mods are like those that we've been doing thus far that change something about the client, be it the HUD or even something like LTS. Full would be something that requires a special download so that your client can function with the modified server code. I'm not trying to force a standard down people's throats, but I think that this could be a good idea for us to do.

lil_maniac

Just reading this makes me confused xD

..So basically the weapons inherit the momentum of the speed your going at? Kinda..

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Just reading this makes me confused xD

..So basically the weapons inherit the momentum of the speed your going at? Kinda..

Weapons in legions typically only have full inheritance in the direction you're facing. It is what allows the grenades of someone who's skiing to move faster than one who is standing still. For everything except for the Mortar and GL, this is by default set to 1.0 (100% in the direction you're facing) and 0/.25 in the other directions. Now, everything is set to 1.0 and 1.0 and all non-propelled weapons (propelled weapons are weapons such as Bolt, RL, and anything else that would have some sort of thruster in it).

Vox

Well im confused, so im just gonna download and find out what the hell this is.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In legions, you don't by default pass all your velocity to your projectiles. Only the velocity in the direction you're facing. If we consider that, z, then the x and y vectors are either not passed or not passed in full. The RL by default is something like 25% for x and y.

lil_maniac

I kind of get it now.. sounds good though :D

Does this work with people grabbing the flag as in body blocks wont work if your going alot faster and all that stuff, because i remember people moaning about the legions physics haha
..or is it just the weapons?

bkishaan

Finally, i'm tired of using myself as a battering ram because the BR rockets can't get to the target fast enough.

Dimitryy

i am still confused :(
if you shoot a rocket to your right side (45°) and you got a speed of, for example, 120, the rocket goes with your speed (120/0,25) + the rocket default speed? and 120 + the rocket speed with your mod?
if so ... i am not sure if thats real physics ... shouldnt it be something with sinus, cosinus and so on?
and the same for shoots backwards to the side: 180° = rocket speed - your speed and in 90° only the rocket speed (same as you are standing still) + a little bit to the side. but its ... a crap now i confused myself just more :(
w/e ... but there was a post about this problem on the forum already

57thEnryu

i am still confused :(
if you shoot a rocket to your right side (45°) and you got a speed of, for example, 120, the rocket goes with your speed (120/0,25) + the rocket default speed? and 120 + the rocket speed with your mod?
if so ... i am not sure if thats real physics ... shouldnt it be something with sinus, cosinus and so on?
and the same for shoots backwards to the side: 180° = rocket speed - your speed and in 90° only the rocket speed (same as you are standing still) + a little bit to the side. but its ... a crap now i confused myself just more :(
w/e ... but there was a post about this problem on the forum already
dont make this more complicated than it already is man