Download Script: Kill / Mid Air Popup

phanakapan

Private Tester
How do I make the font literally the same size and weight etc as the flag messages? I was able to change the descriptive text to white so it matches, but its smaller and bolder looking than the flag message text.

Additionally, is there a way to move both the popup text and the flag text to the bottom of the screen? Roughly where the chat hud is by default? I want to keep as much of the center of the screen empty of huds and popups as possible. I realize those are two different elements, but I was just curious.

Yeah it's easy enough to do. Where I have "SpeedDisplayProfile" written, replace with "ImportantMessageProfile", the verticle position is controlled by "%this.setHudElementScreenAnchor(%index, "Top", "HCenter");" and "%this.setHudElementPosition(%index, 490, 155);"
You'll want "Bottom" and "HCenter" as well as about 490, 520 (540 and 560 for lines 2 and 3) This puts it a bit above the bottom
500 up works well too, but this will allow if you want to have say 2 or 3 lines of chat that can popup.

Royalty

The Aussie
NightHawk hasn't been around for ages, but does anyone know how I could do this:

• Mod the script to include flag grab speed
  • Mod the script to include flag catches:
This would be exactly like the chatbox messages in TR, but would appear like the current kill popups do, both in TR & CTF.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm not much of a torqueprogrammer (Language is ugly as *dance*) but you should be able to find what you need if you look around for the lines that pop up in the chat box and then just add it on to this script.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
There are message callbacks for grabs but not catches, since this requires a server-side modification you cannot implement the catches solely via client-side means.

Royalty

The Aussie
There are message callbacks for grabs but not catches, since this requires a server-side modification you cannot implement the catches solely via client-side means.
Then how are there catch message callback on team rabbit? Once 1.4 goes live doesn't that mean every server will have this implemented in order to run team rabbit?

Royalty

The Aussie
I found the code, but I have no idea how to implement it into the current script. Code is too long to paste here...