Scrim Fest!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
In the next 2 weeks ill try to gather up all the Eu. teams for a big scrim fest and have fun, the time when this will event will take place (if we can make it happen) will be put here.

Spektrum won't be competing in 2 weeks. I have exams. Lets leave this sorta thing for the summer holidays?

stefygraff

Private Tester
this thread is here to discuss, i see that 1 leader passed his team from this little event.. we got 3 more teams, mine, apo and in7... if we can sort up a time to meet soon, it will be fun :p

here is the places in order
1st- IN7
2nd-57th
3rd-spek
don't scrim BYE(event ended, EDIT:(don't even start it))

don't take rash decisions before everyone gets in ^.^ this thing is still in BETA !

Spektrum won't be competing in 2 weeks. I have exams. Lets leave this sorta thing for the summer holidays?

your team can play without you... make it leader independent... thats the best team!

also, yes, its BETA so we will give it a try now and hope to make it a monthly event in the summer :p

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
your team can play without you... make it leader independent... thats the best team!

Hark who is talking. I tried to organise a scrim with you the other weekend, and your team failed to show because you weren't there. I have bigger plans for Spektrum, but these things take time to do. My co-leader, KooL, still needs practice at captaining - and so I am unwilling to let Spektrum scrim anyone but 57th at the moment.

The game is still in beta, we shouldn't be having a mini-tornument just yet. I'd rather see a month tourney where people are thrown together into a team, and they have a mini-tourney with other people thrown into teams. I.e. 40 people sign up, put into 4 teams of 10 and other a month they all play each other on the weekends. Though the problem with this is that you have to commit plenty of time and we might not have the players for it.

Dimitryy

i do like the idea. but you could also ask Null and .fi if they want to join (would be a bit more competition for everyone)

and i guess it would be good to start this at the weekend, like frieday evening 20CET or so. and maybe greaper could set up another private server that 4 clans can play at the same time.

every clan plays 2 or 3 games and match the other clans at the next weekend.

Fireblasto said:
[bla bla bla]. I'd rather see a month tourney where people are thrown together into a team, and they have a mini-tourney with other people thrown into teams. I.e. 40 people sign up, put into 4 teams of 10 and other a month they all play each other on the weekends. [bla bla bla].

sounds good too

Synista

Doesn't have to be competitive, it's a fun thing to do; you're little 40man tourney idea sounds good, but honestly, we hardly or should I say NEVER get a 10 v 10 pickup. In reality getting 4 teams of 10 players playing as a team in a Tournament is..... Surreal?

Protip: Scrimming is the best type of way to learn how to Captain and Train :)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Doesn't have to be competitive, it's a fun thing to do; you're little 40man tourney idea sounds good, but honestly, we hardly or should I say NEVER get a 10 v 10 pickup. In reality getting 4 teams of 10 players playing as a team in a Tournament is..... Surreal?

Yeah I used 40 as a rounded number. Minimum number would probably have to be 28 for 4 teams of 7v7

Disci

Old man
I'm not 100% sure about .fi, but [null] definitely doesn't have enough active players at the moment (I'd say 3-4). But let's see, maybe we could put together a combined "nullified" roster... The fi.null solution. ;)

This goes unnoticed by everyone. Gheist is talking about null/fi possibly playing in a competitive match. ;)

stefygraff

Private Tester
I'm not 100% sure about .fi, but [null] definitely doesn't have enough active players at the moment (I'd say 3-4). But let's see, maybe we could put together a combined "nullified" roster... The fi.null solution. ;)

keep us tuned on that one ;)

I suggest that the leaders of the eu teams should just say if their teams are up to it or not... then establish a date for all of our teams to meet and have the time of our dirty life...

-Team Delta (57th eu div) wants to participate to this event

mario

LOL Fest with 5 teams! Lets go.  Dont u wanna make surely The World Competition?  Do scrims, train your teams so much how you can and when the game wont be in beta, make competitions with more teams. If it will even be happened..  Just sayin. 

up_ur_guts

Hark who is talking. I tried to organise a scrim with you the other weekend, and your team failed to show because you weren't there

i think you will find that our team was there but at the set time which was 19.00gmt you decided to start sorting out a pug instead, i personaly tried to get hold of you in game but you decided to not answer.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
i think you will find that our team was there but at the set time which was 19.00gmt you decided to start sorting out a pug instead, i personaly tried to get hold of you in game but you decided to not answer.

No it was not. There were only two of your members on, you and vertex. I was on your teamspeak and saw.