Rocket mid air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redvan

Private Tester
splash midair causes impact on a much larger radius than the hitbox ever would, provided there was a max limit to the size. which has been suggested. and apparently not read.
this is true, but the element of skill is based on timing with the RLS, increasing hitbox size requires no increase in skill. It would be an automagic hit if close enough, as opposed to getting it close enough, then timing the detonation right to have the splash hit. Thus, old RLS still took more skill. Thats all my point is.

... I said PUB players, and with that I obviously mean the pub players only, and I didn't even say ALL PUB players, I said the majority of them. There are a lot of big boys who midairs way better than me. All I'm saying is that some kind of increase overtime is a fair thing, will make midairing more encouraging and it will be less of a cg wh*re fest. Just because the hitbox is twice the size after 250m doesn't mean, as I already said, that u will be hitting long range midairs everyshot, but it will only help when u shoot thar REALLY close rocket that wouldave missed with 1 meter without the increase. Please notice already, that I said that the hitbox will stop increasing after it has become twice the size, so after 250m it will remain that size!
If twice the size sounds too much, well make it 50% bigger, I just don't think it's fair that somone can miss with 0.01 meter on such a distance, just like aero did, his rocket actually went through my head.

Basically you want to make it so more people will be able to long range MA. Bad idea.
a. You want to reward skill. It gives people something to achieve, and it gives those who have achieved it an advantage. Both excellent imo.
b. Long range MAs aren't very skill based in the first place, so, there's no point in making it easier for everyone, especially by reducing the already limited amount of a "skill" component to them.
c. As MJ said, why not make CG insta kill when +100m? Yeah, people *lady friend* the CG when long range, but, these people also mostly miss. The people who are hitting you with the cg long range aren't the *lady friends*. So why not make CG easier too? All that would do is increase the chance of a kill that someone spamming CG would have, even though they only hit them once out of 100 shots. Sounds the same as what you propose with rockets: Reduce the necessary skill to increase the odds of it happening.

Lin

The point is that necessary skill for MA beyond 150 is pretty much non-existant. Increasing the hitbox will decrease the luck factor and increase the amount skill plays.

Shade

Private Tester
Increasing the hitbox size increases the consistency, yes, but at the same time it makes it easier to hit things, thus decreasing the amount of skill required to hit them. Think about like this: would it take more skill to use a CG that fires rocket-sized bullets or does it take more skill to use the one we have now?

Redvan

Private Tester
The point is that necessary skill for MA beyond 150 is pretty much non-existant. Increasing the hitbox will decrease the luck factor and increase the amount skill plays.
Increasing the hitbox size increases the consistency, yes, but at the same time it makes it easier to hit things, thus decreasing the amount of skill required to hit them. Think about like this: would it take more skill to use a CG that fires rocket-sized bullets or does it take more skill to use the one we have now?

I'll go on to say: Adding/increasing automated functions does not increase skill. Simple as that. Not hard to understand.

Propkid

Why does this thread still exist...

Your suggestion: increasing the probability of a direct hit with a rocket as it travels longer distances.
The apparent purpose behind this: increasing player skill
The actual effect your suggestion would have: the game would become 'easier'. Less luck/skill needed to long distance MA. The presence of frequent long distance MAs would also change the game mechanics and would empower the Rocket Launcher in comparison to other guns.
Do you think that the RL needs to be stronger than it is now?

Stick to Hornet if you want long range kills, or RLS for long MAs.

Why does this thread still exist...

Your suggestion: increasing the probability of a direct hit with a rocket as it travels longer distances.
The apparent purpose behind this: increasing player skill
The actual effect your suggestion would have: the game would become 'easier'. Less luck/skill needed to long distance MA. The presence of frequent long distance MAs would also change the game mechanics and would empower the Rocket Launcher in comparison to other guns.
Do you think that the RL needs to be stronger than it is now?

Stick to Hornet if you want long range kills, or RLS for long MAs.
What? That's not the point at all. Instead:

Your suggestion: increasing the probability of a direct hit with a rocket as it travels longer distances
The apparent purpose behind this: rewarding and encouraging difficult and interesting shots, effectively making rocket ma's a more plausible alternative
The actual effect your suggestion would have: three pages of pointless debate about the difference between 'skill' and 'luck' and nothing happened

I've got to say that I don't really have a problem with this change happening one way or another. I'd be fine if this didn't happen. I can grasp the possible balance issues, the necessary testing, the effort from the dev team, the low priority of something like this, etcetera. But this, and many many other discussions on these forums, seem just so utterly pointless.

Annihilate

But this, and many many other discussions on these forums, seem just so utterly pointless.
Exactly. People just regurgitate what other people have already said. Gets boring.

If you read the 1st post then the last you can pretty much guess what the last 3 pages have been about.

Status
Not open for further replies.